morning sickness (requested)

Ashton rolled over in bed and went to pull you closer to him but only felt the bunched up blankets and cool sheets where you lay instead of your warm body.

He opened his eyes and realized you weren't in bed with him. Glancing back at the clock he realized it was only four in the morning. The sun was still set with no hint of coming up soon and Ashton was so exhausted it was only pulling him back to sleep.

But the sound of you coughing in the bathroom woke him right back up. He jolted and his eyes shot open. He sat up in bed but when he heard the very obvious sound of you throwing up he was on his feet and racing to the bathroom.

He opened the door and sat behind him. "No, Ash, you should go back to bed." You whined, pulling away from him. But as he laid his hand on your back and felt how tense you were underneath his touch he could only shake his head. "I"m not going anywhere y/n."

You whimpered as another wave of nausea washed over you. You felt Ashton rub your shoulders before you hung your head over the toilet and were getting sick into it once more. Ashton saw how badly your hands were shaking. He took one into his own, using the other to rub circles on your skin as this one laced with yours, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

You leaned back against Ashton's shoulder when you finished. He flushed the toilet for you before wiping the beads of sweat from your forehead. "I'm really sorry that I woke you up."

He shushed you softly. "Don't be sorry. We're in this together, remember?" He reminded you as he laid his hand on your stomach. He rubbed it soothingly but made sure to keep his touch soft so it wouldn't upset you more.

"I hate this." He kissed your forehead and bit his lip to hide his emotions. He hated seeing you so sick but at the same time, he also knew you had no choice but to go through it for the little life you created together.

"I know. But it'll get better. Besides, I'm right here with you, and I will be every step of the way no matter what." You peeked your eyes open to look at him. You cracked a small smile and weakly brought your hand to his face. He wrapped his fingers around it and brought your palm to his lips where he littered it with kisses.

"You're amazing. You're such a great boyfriend and you're gonna be an incredible dad."

His heart began to do leaps inside his chest as he leaned down to kiss your cheek. "And you're gonna be an incredible mom," he said with a smile. "Now come on. Let's brush your teeth and then get you back to bed." He slowly and carefully helped you to your feet and over to the sink.

He didn't let you go even as you brushed your teeth. He led you back to bed and laid back down next to you. "C'mere," He whispered and pulled you against his chest. You hummed against his skin, finding comfort in his embrace, as you always do.

He brought the blankets over you before he began to rub your back. "Go back to sleep. We've got nowhere to be today so we can sleep the day away if you wanna."

You giggled sleepily but nodded your head. "Sounds great. As long as you're here to hold us."

Us.

He already loves the way that sounds falling from your lips.

His smile was wide as he leaned down to kiss your head. "Always, my love. I've got you both now." He assured and continued to rub your back till he was sure you were asleep.

Only then did he allow himself to do the same after he took a minute to admire you, thanking you as you slept soundly for all you'd endured so far and were bound to endure during these next few months.

He was just so in love with you.