you want his attention

A/N: it's been a while! Thank you all for being so patient and understanding about me taking some time away from this book. I AM returning to this book, however I'm taking my time updating and I still won't be accepting requests for a bit.

Updates may not be as frequent as before, because I'm really loving writing in other books I'm working on a lot right now. However, I'm back here now! I'm still not accepting requests or planning on updating my Luke and Michael books for a bit still.

Happy reading, lovelies!

——————————————————————

After spending a good ten minutes flipping through all the channels in search of something to watch only to find that there wasn't anything even slightly interesting on, you switched the tv off and put the remote on your lap.

Beside you, Ashton was humming quietly while reading over the lyrics on the papers in his hands. He's got a busy day tomorrow with a lot to do. You know he's gotta prepare for it all but you can't help but want his attention.

It's the first day off he's had in a few weeks. The last few days he's left early in the morning and doesn't wake you up but to give you a kiss goodbye before he's rushing out the door.

He doesn't want to wake you in the early morning hours, thinking that there was no need for you both to be up before the sun comes up if you had nowhere to be and had the opportunity to catch up on sleep.

And he tries to get home as early as he can. He works hard, and even harder to try to finish up early most days. But these last few he's been so busy he doesn't get home till late and you're almost always asleep, only awaking when he wraps you in his arms and steals a goodnight kiss from your lips.

It wasn't easy but you got through it. And now you have time to spend with him and you want to spend every minute with him!

You moved the remote aside and scooted closer to him. You brushed your fingers along his arm and heard a chuckle fall from his lips in response. But it wasn't enough for you.

"Ashton? Are you busy?"

"A little, babe."

He didn't notice the pout on your lips that followed because he was still reading over the pages upon pages of lyrics in his lap.

You put your cheek on his shoulder and gave him a kiss on his jaw. "But it's your day off and I wanna spend it with you."

"We will, baby. I promise."

You let out a sigh and crawled onto his lap. You were careful that you didn't mess up the pages as you wrapped your legs around his hips and then buried your face in his neck. He laughed happily and your heart swelled at the beautiful sound.

His laughter stopped and he gazed down at you and wrapped his arms around you. "Oh, baby girl." He whispered softly. "You okay?" He asked, putting everything aside to give you his attention.

"I've missed you." You replied. "I know you've got a busy day ahead but you've been busy for so long and this is the one day we can spend together. I miss you, Ash. I just want to spend time with you."

You gazed up at him with sad eyes and it broke his heart. Once the pout appeared on your lips he was kissing it away. You cupped his cheek when his lips met yours and you melted into him instantly.

But he pulled back and tickled your sides. You could see the stars in his eyes as your eyes met his and he pecked your lips time and time again, wanting to relish in this moment with you forever.

"You've missed me, huh?" He spoke softly. He stopped tickling you and put a lock of hair behind your ear. You put your face back in his neck, finding comfort in his arms and his smell. "I've missed you too..." He trailed off, breath hitching in his throat when you began to kiss along his neck. "Missed you a lot." He whispered, eyes closing and a smile appearing on his face when your lips touched that one sweet spot on his neck that makes him melt into you each and every time.

"So? Are you done for now?" You asked curiously, breaking the soft kisses on his neck making him whine.

He opened his eyes and looked at you before looking at the papers beside him. He grabbed them and carefully placed them onto the table before grabbing your chin to bring you in for a passionate kiss.

"You've got all my attention, baby girl." He whispered against your lips, relishing in the soft sigh that fell from them in response. "What do you wanna do?"

"Just this." You said as you continued to steal kisses from his lips, happy to have moments like these with him again.