you can't swim (requested)

You were sitting on a lounge chair in Michael's backyard, trying to ignore the loud chatter and laughter of the partygoers around you.

Michael was throwing a pool party tonight and he invited you and Ashton to come. You agreed, but since you can't swim you decided to stay away from the water and just hang out with Ashton and the boys instead.

Ashton had gone off to grab you both something to drink which left you alone for a moment. You were okay with that at first, but you had a bad feeling when out of the corner of your eye you could see someone making their way over to you. It was one of Michael's friends, one guy whose name you had already forgotten.

"Why are you just sitting here? You do know that this is a pool party, right?" You figured it was just a lame joke at first, but as he stepped closer to you you started to feel a little uncomfortable.

"I know but I can't-" You didn't even get to finish your sentence before he was picking you up, throwing you over his shoulder, and carrying you to the water. The closer you got to the water the more terrified you became.

The water wasn't super deep but you knew that once you were under you wouldn't know what to do. You started to scream out for Ashton, but your screams were cut off as you were thrown into the water making the breath leave your lungs.

Ashton ran outside when he heard you screaming. He didn't even bother taking off his shoes he just jumped straight into the water and grabbed you. He wrapped his arm around your waist and helped you to the surface of the water where you coughed and gasped for air.

Calum and Luke were crouching on the ground waiting to help you out of the water. It was only when Ashton knew they had a good grip on you that he let go of you and pulled himself up, too. You laid on the ground on your stomach as you coughed hard and tried to catch your breath.

Ashton was rubbing your back as Luke grabbed a towel for you. "What happened? Why were you in the water?" Ashton asked, angry and concerned. He knew you wouldn't even step close to the water, nonetheless go inside it. And judging by the sound of your screams he knew someone had thrown or pushed you in.

You pointed toward the partygoer who had thrown you in. Ashton clenched his jaw and stormed over to him. He pushed him with such force it made the guy stumble. "She can't swim! What is wrong with you?"

Michael intervened and stood between Ashton and his friend. "You need to go. Just leave," Michael paused and looked over at you, watching as Calum and Luke comforted you and helped you catch your breath. "And don't you dare come back."

He watched his friend leave before both he and Ashton were by your side. "Are you okay? Are you breathing alright?" Ashton asked as he ignored the feeling of the droplets of water running down from his hair to his face and the feeling of soaking wet socks and shoes that squelched anytime he moved.

He was relieved when you nodded your head. "You didn't even take off your shoes, Ash," you mumbled, pushing his wet hair away from his forehead. "I wasn't even thinking about that. I was only concerned about you."

He pushed his lips against yours for a second before burying his face in your neck. "Come on, baby. Let's go home and get you into some dry clothes." Ashton said and helped you stand up. He thanked the boys for helping and wrapped the towel tighter around your body when you began to shiver as he guided you out of the backyard and down the street to the house.

"My hero," you mumbled on the walk home and kissed him on his cheek. A giggle left his lips as he pulled you closer.

He was just so grateful that you were okay.