you help him relax

He was stressed. Something was on his mind, causing it to race with no end in sight. You could tell from the way he was clinging to you wordlessly, only wanting to be with you with no words being said.

You ran your fingers through his hair and heard him sigh. You could see how tired he was. He had dark purple circles under his eyes, his lack of sleep clearly catching up with him. His shoulders were tense, but you had an idea about how to make him feel better.

"Ashton?" He let out a grunt but kept his eyes closed, only focusing on the feeling of your fingers in his hair. "Roll onto your stomach." He finally opened his eyes but he was staring up at you confused.

"Just trust me." You brushed your lips across his forehead and he complied. Moving to the other end of the couch he turned onto his stomach, smiling to himself when you straddled the back of his thighs. You pushed up his shirt and started to rub his back.

And just when you were about to ask if it was helping him any, he let out a soft sigh and laid his head on his forearms as he finally started to relax.

You took a second to admire the freckles on his back before you started to rub it again. This time, you trailed your hands up to his shoulders where he seemed to be most tense. "Good?" He hummed and nodded his head, too relaxed to say a word.

You continued for a few minutes till you heard him snore softly. You giggled to yourself and pulled his shirt back down, ready to climb off his thighs when he reached his hand around and grabbed your thigh. "And where do you think you're going?"

You leaned around his shoulders and smiled when you saw his eyes were still closed but a small smile was clearly pulling at his soft and kissable lips. "Nowhere, Ash." You kissed him softly and felt him kiss you back. Every time you'd kiss him, he feels as if he melts, the feeling of your lips on his and how he felt that your lips were made just for his was an incomparable feeling.

You grabbed the blanket from the back of the couch and pulled it over him, making sure his feet and shoulders were tucked under the soft and fluffy fabric.

"Are you feeling any better baby?" You played with the hair at the nape of his neck and heard him sigh. "So much better. All thanks to you."

You kissed his head and went to climb off of him but he quickly grabbed you and pulled you against his chest. He wrapped his arm around you and buried his face in your neck, grinning when he heard you giggle.

"Ash you should sleep."

You felt him start to kiss your neck, lips brushing over your skin so softly that it sent a chill down your spine. "I will. Just wanna hold you while I sleep." He whispered as he started to drift off to sleep.

"Love you," you reached down to where his hands were resting over your stomach and took ahold of one in your own hand. You played with his fingers, so in love with him that you felt you always needed to hold onto him somehow.

"I love you more baby girl."

And with that, he fell asleep, feeling so much better because of you.