you're drunk

The sound of his phone ringing woke Ashton up from his sleep. It was after two am and at first he was confused at who would possibly be calling him at this hour. But when he saw your name his slight anger faded away, replaced by a little smile now.

"Yes, y/n?" He was gonna tease you for calling him so late only, it wasn't your voice that greeted him. It was one of your friends.

"Ashton? You need to come pick y/n up. She's pretty drunk."

He sighed and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes before asking where you were at and hanging up. He slid his shoes on and grabbed his keys before heading for the door, already a little curious as to what would await him.

It took him only about ten minutes to reach the club you and your friends were at. He stepped inside and saw you sitting at the bar with your friends surrounding you. You were in fits of laughter, seeming to be mumbling incoherently about something.

"Y/n?" He put his hand on your back and at the sound of his voice, you turned around. "Ash!" You cheered and threw your arms around him making him stumble backward a little. "How much have you drank?"

"Not that much," you slurred but the look in your eyes said otherwise. Your friends didn't really know either. They had lost count a while ago. "Okay let's get you home." He grabbed your jacket and your friends handed him your things.

He had to hold onto your waist as he led you out to the car. He opened the door for you and buckled you in. You took his hand causing him to look up from your seatbelt that he had to make sure was in place. "You're so beautiful." He shook his head with a laugh but he couldn't deny the warmth that he felt in his heart. "You're beautiful. But you're also very drunk so let's get you home and into bed."

He didn't know if he wanted you to stay in your own apartment so he decided he'd let you sleepover tonight. It was gonna be the first time in your relationship you've ever stayed at his place and despite you being incredibly drunk, he was still happy about it.

He helped you out of the car, his arm around you to keep you steady as he unlocked the door and helped you inside. "You okay? Are you feeling sick or anything?"

"No," You hummed, leaning your head on his shoulder.

When he got you up to his room he sat you down on the edge of the bed and grabbed you a few things.

First, he moved the trash can over to the side of the bed you'd be sleeping on. Since you were bound to have a hangover come morning and he didn't know if you'd make it to the bathroom, he wanted to be safe. He also grabbed you a couple of painkillers, just in case, and even gave you the bottle of water he had on his nightstand.

Then he grabbed you a shirt from his closet before he knelt down on the floor in front of you. "Here, angel. Let's get you out of your dress."

You arched your eyebrow at him and smirked. "Ashton!"

He rolled his eyes and playfully poked your sides. "Not like that, you silly girl." He giggled, the sound making you giggle along with him.

He peeled off your dress, being the sweet boyfriend he is he also kissed across your shoulders a few times, too in love with you to not do little things like that, even if you were drunk.

Once you were in his shirt he went to stand back up but you took his wrist and cupped his soft cheek. Gazing deeply into his eyes you couldn't stop yourself from leaning forward and kissing him. His lips were just so soft and fit perfectly against yours.

But he pulled away a few seconds later, much too soon for your liking. You whined causing him to chuckle.

"You need to sleep." He kissed both of your cheeks and then your forehead, letting his lips linger there for a second.

He crawled back under the covers and pulled you close to him. You laid your head on his chest, his heartbeat thudding in your ears making you smile even in your drunken and sleepy state.

"Love you."

Ashton delicately ran his fingers along your spine, already knowing he'd be staying awake a few extra minutes to watch you sleep. "Night, y/n. I love you so much."

As peaceful as you looked now, he knew nothing could possibly prepare him for the hangover you'd definitely have in just a few hours.