he carries you to bed

Ashton tiptoed from the kitchen to the living room. It's after midnight and usually, you're sound asleep in bed by now, but to his surprise, you were laying on the couch with the tv on instead.

The remote was on your chest, your lips were parted allowing small snores to escape your lips. Ashton beamed at the sight, suddenly feeling happier in those few seconds than he had all day. He quietly crept over to you and pulled the remote from your chest. He turned the tv off before sitting on the floor in front of you.

A few stray hairs had fallen from your messy ponytail. He tucked them behind your ear and planted a kiss to your forehead. Your eyes slowly opened and he felt you reach for his hand. "Hey, sleepyhead. You fell asleep down here. Let's get you to bed." He whispered softly and you held your arms out for him.

He laughed before lifting you up. He put his hands under your thighs and carefully walked upstairs. Occasionally, he'd turn his head to look at you and would feel his heart beat a little faster in his chest when he'd noticed you had fallen back asleep.

He lowered you onto the mattress and reached for the covers, only stopping when you intertwined your fingers back with his. "Yes, beautiful?"

"Get into bed with me." He didn't really have much of a choice because you tugged on his hand and pulled him down beside you.

You put your head on his chest and wrapped your arm around his side. He didn't say a word, he just chuckled and started to stroke your hair. He loved moments like these too much to ever complain.

You were sound asleep within just a couple of minutes. Ashton reached for the blankets and covered you both up with them. "I love you so much. Sweet dreams, y/n." He rested his head on top of yours and fell asleep next to you.