protecting you from your ex (requested)

You were trying to hurry for the one thing you were in search of in the store since Ashton was waiting for you outside.

This was gonna be the last shop of the day so he decided to just wait out there for you, already having gone into a handful of them with you in the past couple hours.

But now you wish he would've come in with you.

Because just a few feet away from you stands your ex, who you didn't really end on great terms with. You looked behind you in hopes that you could spot Ashton somewhere, but you couldn't and by the time you turned back around your ex was standing right in front of you.

"Y/n!" He smiled slyly at you with his hands in his pocket. You chuckled nervously and looked around in hopes that someone, anyone, would sense how uncomfortable you were. But no one noticed a thing.

"I need to go." You didn't know what to say otherwise. You just knew you needed to get to Ashton.

You tried to turn around and walk away but he grabbed your wrist and stopped you before you could. "Hey, wait a second now." The look in his eyes scared you. They had gone dark and he looked almost angry. "I'm not done talking to you. You could've said hello to me."

You could feel his grip tightening and it was starting to hurt. "I've missed you. I've been hoping I'd bump into you since the day you left." His smile turned into a smirk and his grip was so tight it had you grinding your teeth.

But then, you heard Ashton's voice come from behind you.

"Y/n?" He looked at you then back at your ex. He knew exactly who he was and what he had put you through, and knowing Ashton the way you did, you knew that he wasn't afraid to throw a punch at him if it came down to it.

"You need to let her go." He said, voice stern as he glared at your ex. His jaw was clenched and so were his fists. He was clearly ready to do whatever it took to protect you.

"Yeah? What if I don't?" Ashton pushed him back and your ex stumbled from the force causing him to let go of his wrist and fall to the floor. You could see a bruise already forming on your wrist but it was the least of your worries when you saw your ex stand up and approach you again.

"Leave her alone!" Ashton stood in front of you, doing everything he could to shield you from your ex. "Ashton, please let's just leave." You tugged on his shirt and instantly he looked your way. Seeing how frightened you looked snapped him out of his angry state.

"She's moved on, it's about time you did the same." He was trying to stay calm but you could still sense how furious he was at your ex. Your ex took yet another step towards him but you took his hand and pulled him outside before things could get even more out of hand.

Once the store was far enough out of sight he stopped and grabbed your wrist. "Oh, baby. It's bruised." He pressed a few kisses to the bruises before looking you over for any more. "Are you okay?"

You bit your lip, still shaken up from what had just happened. "I think so." Ashton circled his thumb over your cheek softly. You could tell he was worried about you even though he was obviously trying not to let it show.

"Thank you for protecting me." He smiled at you making you do the same. "I'll always protect you. I'm always gonna keep you safe, no matter what." He kissed your forehead, then your cheeks, and then finally, your lips, and he made sure it was the softest one of all.

"Can we go home now?" He nodded and wrapped his arms around you, still keeping you safe as he guided you out to the car, just like he always would.