appendicitis (requested)

You continued to grip the bed sheets tightly in your hands as the pain in your right side only grew more intense.

Ashton sat beside you, rubbing your back in an attempt to soothe you and stop your tears from falling. He knows you're hurting terribly and he knows you're close to your breaking point.

He gently rolled you a little so he could put his hand back on your forehead. You still had a fever and with the intense pain and nausea you've been experiencing along with it, he knows something's wrong. "I think we should take you to the hospital."

If he didn't feel that something was wrong before, he definitely did when you didn't argue with him about it and nodded in response.

Carefully, he helped you out to the car and drove there as quickly as he could. Every whimper, every groan, every plea of his name as you begged for him to make the pain stop that left your lips broke his heart more and more.

He rushed you inside and thankfully there was no wait. You laid on your back but kept rolling around in pain. A doctor came back fast and started to press on your right side and you squeezed Ashton's hand tightly when the pain became raging.

"Appendicitis," Ashton heard the doctor say to the nurse. Having had it himself, he knew then how much pain you had to be in. "We're gonna have to take you into surgery, y/n."

You looked at Ashton with wide and fear-filled eyes. He kissed your hand softly. "It's gonna be alright. You're gonna be just fine, baby. I promise you. I'll be right here waiting for you." He kissed your warm cheek and then your forehead as they wheeled you away.

A nurse laid her hand on his back. "I'll walk you to the waiting room." She smiled politely and walked with him down to the waiting room, grabbing him a cup of water to sip on to help his dry throat.

Ashton sat back and leaned his head against the wall. He let out a heavy breath, trying to convince himself that it was all gonna be okay now. The thing causing your pain would soon be out and you'd be okay.

He tried to convince himself of that. But he loved you so much, and his mind couldn't help but wander away from him as he thought about you.

He jumped when a few minutes later, the same nurse came back over. "Your girlfriend is out of surgery now."

A breath of relief fell from his lips. He threw the empty plastic cup away and followed her down the hall. It was late and quiet, the hospital nearly empty aside from the staff and a few patients here and there.

He was right by your side when he arrived in your room. He took your hand, careful not to brush against the iv. He kissed it softly and watched as your eyelashes fluttered against your cheek. "Ashton?"

He nodded with a small smile. "I'm here, baby. I'm right here." You rubbed your eyes with your other hand. "How do you feel?"

Your eyes looked dazed and he could tell you were exhausted. He couldn't blame you after all you'd just gone through. "A little nauseous, a little sore. But I'm okay." He kissed your wrist softly. "You're gonna feel better after you get some rest. You're gonna have to stay here overnight and take it easy for the next couple of weeks. But I'm gonna be by your side the entire time, okay?"

You cracked a small smile. "Can you come a little closer?" He moved the chair as close as he could. He was able to kiss your cheek now and he could see the color coming back to your skin. "You look so much better, baby." He brushed a hair behind your ear. "Get some rest. I'll be right here if you need anything."

You didn't even have the energy to fight your heavy eyes, and as your boyfriend began to stroke your cheek gently you just let them close. "I love you."

He leaned down, kissing your arm a few times. "I love you too, y/n. I love you so much."