he wants your attention

Ashton let out a heavy breath as he came inside. He sat down beside you on the couch and wiped the sweat from his forehead.

It was a long day at rehearsals today and he's been paying close attention to the clock today, counting down the hours and minutes till he got to come home to you.

But you hadn't even noticed that he was home.

You were completely fixated on your new book. He knows you love to read, it's one of his favorite things about you. But he also loved your attention and he wants nothing more than you in his arms after a long day.

"Y/n?" He spoke, his eyes watching yours as you read over every line on the page. He snapped his fingers, lightly brushed them over your arm, and even tried calling out your name.

But you were in so deep the only thing that pulled you out was him carefully pulling the book from your hands.

"Ashton!" He couldn't help but giggle before he wrapped his arms around you and pulled you on his lap. "When did you get home?" He playfully rolled his eyes and tickled your sides. "A few minutes ago. You were so into that book you didn't even notice."

You saw the small pout on his lips. It broke your heart so you pressed your lips to the corner of his mouth causing the pout to fade and become replaced with a smile. Your absolute favorite smile.

"I'm sorry. You have my full attention now." His fingers rubbed along your back and his heart was doing leaps in his chest as he gazed into your eyes.

"Did you have a good day?" He shrugged his shoulders. He, truthfully, didn't wanna think back to the rough day he had. He's home with you now and that's all he cared about.

"It was rough but I don't wanna talk about it. I just wanna hold you and kiss you." He started to kiss across your face, his smile returning when he heard your giggles. It made him so happy. The sound was infectious and beautiful and never fails to make him grin.

"I love you so much." He whispered to you, his thumb lightly brushing across your cheek. You pressed your lips on his, smiling against them when you started to run your fingers through his hair.

And when he pulled away he kissed across your chin and cheeks before putting his forehead on your shoulder.

His eyes closed and his breathing slowed as he started to fall asleep, happier and more content with you in his embrace than he'd been all day long.