he thinks you were in an accident

Ashton sat on the couch in the studio scrolling through his phone.

He, and the guys, have had a long day of recording and finishing up the final touches of the album. He was ready to call it a day, though. He wanted to go home to you and spend the rest of the evening with you.

But that all faded to the back of his mind when he saw the text from your friend come in, asking if he'd heard from you in the past hour.

It was immediately followed up with a report from the news.

There'd been an accident but what really caused him to panic was that the car that had been damaged severely looked a little like yours and it was right by your work.

His heart dropped. He didn't say a word to the boys as he ran out of the studio and to where you worked. It was only a few minutes away from his studio so he didn't have far to go.

But the sight that awaited him made him feel sick.

It really did look like your car and that's when it all sank in.

There were cops and paramedics surrounding the car. A crowd had gathered nearby, people curious about what had happened. But he didn't care at that moment about any of them. He quickly pushed his way through the crowd and started to yell out for you.

He tugged at his hair. It felt like his heart was gonna pound out of his chest. He'd never been more terrified.

Until he heard the sound of your voice from across the street.

"Ashton?"

He quickly turned his head and saw you sitting on the curb across the street from him, and he didn't hesitate to run to you and pull you in his arms.

The blanket that had been wrapped around your shoulders fell to your lap. He could tell you were crying. Your shoulders shook as you sobbed against his chest, clearly shaken up from the accident that he felt so thankful that you hadn't been part of.

"Y/n are you okay?" He asked as his hands moved from your back and up to your cheeks. His eyes scanned your face. They were filled with worry and fear as he looked for any sign of you being hurt.

"I was so scared," you mumbled as a tear slid down your cheek. He wrapped his arms back around you and this time you clung to him, refusing to let him go. His heart broke for you. He couldn't imagine how scared you felt.

"You're not hurt though, right?" You shook your head and he let out a sigh of relief. He kept you close to his chest and kissed your head a few times while whispering words of comfort in your ear. "Okay. Let me take you home."

It was clear you weren't letting him go so he stood up and started to walk with you in his arms. You were shaken up badly and he'd have some explaining to do to the boys for just running out with no explanation.

But he didn't care. All he cared about was that you were safe. He'd be there by your side, helping you in whatever way he could until you felt better. All he cared about was you.