talking about the future together after he has a long day (requested)

You sat on the couch waiting for Ashton to get home from the studio. You turned on reruns of friends and would occasionally check your phone to see if he'd texted you, but there was nothing.

Just a few minutes later you heard the door open and in walked your clearly exhausted boyfriend. "Ash?" You reached for his hand and he looked at you with tired eyes. He hummed and took off his shoes before walking to you and collapsing next to you on the couch with a heavy sigh.

"Long day?" He nodded and ran his hands across his face but pulled them away a few seconds later. He put his head on the back of the couch and stared at you for a moment. He moved his hand to your face and softly stroked your cheek with his thumb. "Did you have a good day?" he asked with a small smile.

You put your head on his shoulder and smiled up at him. It melted your heart that even though he's tired and probably didn't have the best day he still took a genuine interest in how yours was. "Yeah, it was pretty good. But I missed you." He brushed his lips across your head and started to stroke your hair. "Missed you too."

He laid back against the couch and pulled you on top of him. You buried your face in his neck and cuddled close to him. "Ashton?" He hummed and gently pushed your shirt up, his fingertips delicately moving along your spine. "Do you ever think about the future? Our future?"

"Yeah. I think about that a lot." You lifted your head from his neck and gazed into his eyes. "What do you think about?" You kissed his chin and watched a smile appear on his face. "Well, I hope to still be making music. But I definitely see you there too. And maybe our own little family. I hope, at least."

"A family? You really want that with me?" He chuckled and the sound made your heart flutter. "Of course I do. There's no one else I want that with." He said before lifting your chin up and giving you a sweet kiss. "Good. Because I want that too. Thinking about the future can be scary sometimes but knowing you're gonna be there makes it better. All I want is to spend it with you." You buried your face back in his neck and let your breath fan across his skin.

Ashton could feel your eyelashes fluttering against his neck. Though he felt absolutely exhausted, he also couldn't help but smile at what you said. "I'll always do whatever it takes to make you happy. I mean it" He promised and ran his fingers through your hair. He yawned and closed his eyes.

"Love you" you whispered tiredly and rested your hands Ashton's arms. His warm embrace and the sound of his heart beating in your ear was enough to help lull you to sleep. "Love you more," he said and fell asleep not long after with you in his arms, where he hoped you'd always be.