meet and greet (requested)

You stood in the very back of the line, watching nervously as the line got shorter and shorter as more people stepped behind the curtain. You could hear their voices from where you stood; the voices of the four guys you look up to so much.

You watched as the curtain was pulled back once more and the last two girls in front of you walked inside leaving you alone with your anxious mind for a few minutes.

You're nervous. It's just you here and you're trying to prepare yourself for what will happen in just a couple minutes. You tried to think of what you'll say but your mind was racing so quickly that you couldn't think straight.

You felt like you might pass out, your nerves starting to get the best of you. And you started to think that you might not be able to do this after all.

But you knew you had no choice when the curtain was pulled back and it was your time to go in. You went in slowly and Luke was the first one to notice you. He hugged you when you got close enough and didn't rush you to pull away. You then hugged Michael and then Calum, and then finally your favorite of the guys - Ashton.

Being so nervous, you didn't dare look in his eyes. You stayed quiet, not really sure what you'd even say to any of them. Ashton hugged you tight and rubbed your back. Just like Luke, he let you take your time, only pulling away from the hug when you did. But he kept his hand on your shoulder and you even caught him smiling down at you as Michael started to talk to you.

"What's your name?" Ashton eventually asked. You took a sharp breath when you looked up and locked eyes with him. "Y/n." You saw him smile at you and it took your breath away. "It's really nice to meet you y/n." He spoke your name softly and with such care.

You stood in between Ashton and Calum as the photos were taken. Ashton kept his hand on your side, his fingers spread out comfortably over your sweater. You didn't know what to do after the photo was taken. You thought it was over so you went to walk away. But Ashton carefully grabbed your wrist in his hand before you could.

"Wait, y/n." You turned around and watched the other guys walk over to another part of the room to give you and Ashton a little space. "Yeah?" When his eyes met yours again he cleared his throat and ran his hand through his hair as if he was nervous. "After the show tonight do you wanna come back and hang out a little bit?"

"Why?" You asked confused. He just giggled, his cheeks turning pink as he blushed. "Because I'd really like to get to know you better." You bit your lip to hold back a smile. "Okay. That sounds nice." He nodded and took your hand to lead you over to a table across the room.

He grabbed a napkin and a pen and started to write something down. You looked back at the other guys and watched them goof off until a hand touched yours. You looked back at Ashton and he handed you the napkin.

"Text me when you get here tonight?" You looked at him in disbelief, seeing his number written on the napkin. "Okay." You felt your cheeks heat up as you turned around and walked past the guys and out of the room, already looking forward to seeing Ashton again later on tonight.