he has to leave for tour after your baby is born - part 2 (requested)

The last month has been difficult for Ashton.

He's had to adjust to being back out performing night after night after when he had so much time off. But what was even harder was being away from you and your little boy.

He only got to see pictures and videos of him, never getting to see him in person. The 'I love you's' just weren't the same. He meant them every time he said them, but they didn't feel right. It didn't feel right being so far away from you both when he knew you needed him, even if you didn't say it.

But the month went by faster than he thought it would, and he was grateful for that.

The day had finally come for the boys to return home. The airport was crowded just as Ashton thought it would be, which is why he decided to just get a cab home so you wouldn't have to be standing in the center of the chaos with your almost two-month-old boy in your arms. It just seemed easier, even though it only made Ashton more impatient.

You were sitting on the floor with your son laying on the floor on a blanket. You were tickling his sides and smiling down at him, your heart filled with love for the little boy who already seemed like the perfect mix of you and Ash.

But the sight of you pressing kisses across his face and beaming down at your little boy was what Ashton returned home to. Happiness swelled within him as he closed the door behind him and put his bags down on the floor before stepping closer to you and into your line of vision.

"Ash! You're home!" He grinned from ear to ear as you stood up and held your arms open for him to walk into. He wrapped them around you and put his face in the crook of your neck, inhaling the scent of your perfume and shower gel that made his heart leap. "I've missed you so much, y/n." He said as he rubbed his hands up and down your back.

He slowly pulled away from you though and was bending down to see his little boy for the first time in a month. He had tears in his eyes when he saw how much he had grown. Even though he was still small, he was bigger than when Ashton had left, and it made him tear up.

"Hey, buddy!" He smiled and pressed a kiss to his forehead and that's when you both saw it.

Upon smiling down at the little boy, he had also cracked a little gummy smile in return. "No fair! I've been trying to get him to do that for the past couple of days now," you said to Ashton making him chuckle.

You put your arms around Ashton's neck and hugged him from behind until he reached behind him and pulled you down onto his lap. "He really loves you," You said to Ashton, watching as he held your baby's hands in his own. "Not nearly as much as I love him," he said as he turned his head.

"I really have missed you both like crazy. A month away from you two was torture. Next time you're both coming with us, I don't care what we have to do. I can't handle being away from you two that long again."

You leaned forward and kissed him softly, lacing your fingers through his soft locks of hair. He sighed against your lips, opening his eyes as they gazed into your eyes. "Okay, Ash. But you're here with us now, so no more worrying."

He nodded as you leaned your head on his shoulder, both of you staring down at the little boy you both loved more than life itself. Ashton kissed your head, lips lingering on your hair for just a second before pulling back.

"No. Now that I'm home again I don't have anything to worry about. I love my beautiful little family so much," he said as he laid his head on yours. "We love you too."

With Ashton there by your side, everything finally felt right again.