he yells at you (requested)

Ashton slammed the door behind him; feeling exhausted and agitated after his long day.

He sat on the couch and took a moment to catch his breath. He feels like he hasn't had time to do that till now. He's tired and he wasn't in the mood to do anything but lay there and close his eyes for a while.

He heard you coming down the stairs but he didn't wanna open his eyes. He felt the cushion sink beside him followed by the touch of your hand along his arm. "Ashton are you okay?" He shook his head and rubbed his hands over his face. "No. I had a bad day."

"Oh. I'm sorry. Is there anything I can do for you?" He sighed, usually feeling comforted by your touch but the opposite was only happening now. "Yeah, can you just give me some space? I'll be up to bed in a few. I just need a few minutes."

That wasn't what you were hoping to hear. You could see the discomfort on his face. You could tell he was stressed and you didn't wanna leave him alone; you wanted to help him. "Are you sure? I can maybe make you something to eat or we can do something to take your mind off of it."

"No." He said as he clenched his jaw. "But-"

"But nothing! I had a long, stressful day. Just go away! Stop being annoying. I said no, so just leave me alone!"

Your heart dropped. You knew he'd had a bad day, but all you had wanted to do was make him feel better. He's never snapped at you like that before. Never has he yelled at you in the year you've been together and it startled you, to say the least.

You sighed sadly and turned your face. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be annoying, Ashton. I just wanted to help. I'll just go." You mumbled sadly and went back upstairs, closing the door with a light slam behind you.

Ashton felt guilty. He only felt worse than before. He sighed and got up. When he was in the bedroom he could hear the soft cries that you tried to hide by burying your face in his pillow. He sat beside you and put his hand on your back. "I'm sorry, y/n. I didn't mean to yell at you or to say anything that I said back there."

"Do I really annoy you?"

He rubbed your back. "No, y/n. Not ever. I just had a bad day and I took it out on you, which is not okay. No matter how bad my days can be, it is never okay to take it out on you, not in any way. Please don't cry, don't be sad. I'm so sorry." He whispered, moving the strap of your tank top aside to kiss your shoulder blade.

You turned to face him with red eyes and puffy cheeks. But when you cracked a tiny smile, his shoulders dropped in relief. "It's okay. You needed space and I should've given you that. I just hate seeing you sad. I hate knowing you have bad days, so when you do I just wanna be there for you and make you feel better."

He stroked your cheek softly and brushed his lips against yours. "I know. I appreciate that; I do. I love you."

You kissed him again, loving the way his soft lips feel against yours. You pulled away and saw the look in his eyes. He looked a little happier but you could tell he was drained. "Do you wanna tell me about your day? I'm here for you. I'm here to listen."

He intertwined his fingers with yours. "In a few. I'm already starting to feel better here with you. I just wanna lay with you for a few." He kissed your shoulder again, smiling to himself as you moved closer and buried your head into his shirt.

"Ashton?" He hummed in response. "I love you too."

"I know, baby. And I'm so lucky to have you."