waking him up with kisses

You woke up to the feeling of the sunlight that seeped through the curtains on your back as well your boyfriend's breath fanning against your skin.

You rolled over to face him and the sight was one that melted your heart. There Ashton slept peacefully on his back, his parted lips allowing little snores to escape. You traced your thumb across his cheek, brushing across all of his acne scars and tiny freckles that were dotted across his skin.

You straddled his thighs and started to kiss across his face before you trailed your lips down his jawline and to his neck. Your heart was just filled with love for him and you couldn't seem to hold it back this morning.

You only stopped when you heard him chuckle. You looked back up at him to find him laying with his eyes open. "What are you doing baby girl?" He playfully tickled your sides making you both laugh. "Showering you with kisses."

He tucked a strand of hair behind your ear, eyes soft and filled with love as you kissed his shoulder. "I see. But why?"

You put your head down and stared up at him fondly. "Because you deserve it. Because you're amazing and so selfless. Because you have a heart that's three sizes bigger than most. Because you love me and deserve to be loved in return. I tell you that I love you but sometimes I feel like I don't show it enough and I wanna change that."

He cupped your chin in his hand and you leaned into his touch. You could've sworn for a moment that you saw tears behind his beautiful eyes as if he had never heard something so meaningful. And he hadn't. What you said was like music to his ears. And he felt his heart swell with love for you.

"You're amazing." He mumbled and he pulled you in for a kiss only for you to pull away and kiss across his face again. He threw his head back against the pillow and laughed loudly, arms tightening around you as he squirmed around under you.

He secretly hoped you'd wake him up like this more often.