you have a headache

Ashton was confused when he stepped foot in the door and was greeted with darkness and silence.

It's only late afternoon and he expected to come home to you watching your favorite show or listening to your favorite song with at least the curtains open.

He quietly walked up the stairs and when he pushed the bedroom door open to find the room the same way everything downstairs had been, he was concerned.

He saw you laying under the blankets with your face buried in the pillows. He was by your side in an instant, taking a seat on the bed beside you and biting his lip to listen to your breathing for a second, his mind automatically jumping to the worst-case scenario.

"Y/n?" He put his hand on your arm and you jumped. You didn't say anything, just groaned. "What's wrong? Are you sick? Are you hurt?" He put his hand on your back and lifted your shirt up. He slipped his hand under your shirt and laid it on your warm skin.

"My head hurts," you said quietly, too afraid to speak up knowing that it would just make things worse.

Ashton leaned down and started to stroke your hair. "Can I do anything to help? You need anything?" He heard you sniffle and it only made him worry more.

So, without a word, he got up and quietly went into the bathroom to find you some medicine. He then came back into the bedroom and grabbed your hand, putting the pills in it gently and watching as you brought them to your mouth.

"Anything else?" He whispered, keeping his voice soft and gentle. You lifted your head from the pillows but kept your eyes closed because opening them made you feel dizzy. "Hold me?"

He couldn't help but smile as he laid on his back and slowly and carefully pulled you against his chest. He reached for the blanket and pulled it over you, making sure you were as warm and comfortable as possible.

A few minutes of silence went by before he spoke again.

"Any better?" You weakly nodded your head and it made him elt out a little breath of relief.

The pain was still there but it was starting to ease up, and even just a little bit of relief was better than before.

You managed to open your eyes and you were met with his soft and worried ones. You reached your hand up, caressing his cheek softly, feeling so grateful that you had someone who cared so much about you and would always do whatever he could to help you.

"Thank you," you whispered, your eyes growing heavy so you let them close.

Your boyfriend just smiled and kissed your forehead softly. "You don't need to thank me for taking care of you. Now, sleep. You'll feel so much better when you wake up." He said as he watched you closely.

You tiredly reached out and wrapped your fingers around his. You knew you'd feel better for sure, because you have Ashton right by your side, and he wasn't going anywhere until you felt better again.