he takes care of you when you get hurt (requested)

Despite the crutches the hospital had given you, Ashton still insisted that he carry you inside the house.

You had planned to go out for breakfast this morning but while coming downstairs you ended up tripping and fell down a few stairs, landing at the bottom of the staircase with a horrible pain in your foot that had you in tears. Ashton had been by your side immediately and drove you straight to the hospital, where you had gotten the confirmation that you fractured your foot.

Since then, Ashton has been extra protective of you. He kicked the door shut with his foot and carried you to the couch. "Ash, as much as I appreciate you taking such fantastic care of me, this is why they gave me crutches, you know?"

He scoffed and lowered you to the couch. "Maybe, but I'm your boyfriend and I wanna take care of you. Until that fracture of yours heals, I will be waiting on you hand and foot." He laughed as you raised your eyebrow then rolled your eyes a little.

"You doing okay? Are you hurting?" he asked and you could sense that hint of worry laced in his voice. "A little but not bad." He nodded. "Okay. I'm gonna get you some ice and we'll elevate your foot. What else do you need?"

Even though you loved doing things for yourself, you had to admit that it was nice having him take care of you. He started to brush his fingers through your hair as he leaned down to kiss your cheek. "Some water? Maybe a blanket."

He grabbed the blanket from the back of the couch and covered you up with it. He was careful not to touch your foot as he tucked you in. "I'll be back in a second." He pecked your lips and started to walk into the kitchen. "And don't you even think about lifting even a single finger while I'm gone!"

You rolled your eyes with a laugh and carefully made yourself a little more comfortable against the pillows. Ashton came back a second later with a bag of ice and a small towel in one hand a glass of water in the other. He set the water on the table then moved the blanket up a little. He grabbed a throw pillow from the other side of the couch and gently lifted your foot to slide it under.

He didn't miss the winces of pain and the tiny whimpers that fell from your lips, each one breaking his heart more than the last. "Alright, that's done. Now for the ice." He grabbed a towel and wrapped the ice in it so it wouldn't be directly pressed against your foot. He made sure your foot was properly elevated before he looked up at you. "There we go, baby. Let's give that a few minutes. In the meantime, what do you need?"

He was so sweet it made your heart melt.

You moved your fingers through his hair for a second before reaching for the glass of water. Ashton quickly grabbed it for you and handed it to you. "I could've got it." He shook his head. "No. Your foot is elevated perfectly and I'm not taking any chances on you moving it, even an inch."

You took a few sips and handed the glass back to him. He put it on the table and a few seconds later you groaned. "What? What is it?"

"I kinda need to use the bathroom. Can you get me my crutches?"

He stood up and bent down to pick you up. "Why in the world would I get you your crutches when I'm here to help you. Stop being stubborn and let me take care of you. Those crutches will only be for when I'm not around."

You sighed as he started to carry you down the hall. "besides, admit it, you like me caring for you. You like being carried around." You blushed a little over the glimmer in his eyes. Yeah, you definitely couldn't hide it. "I do." He kissed your forehead. "I knew it!"

A few minutes later, he was carrying you back down the hallway as you retreated from the bathroom. Your eyes were growing heavy as the day started to catch up with you. You felt Ashton lay you down on the couch and your foot was placed back on the pillow, the ice back on your foot and the blanket draped over you again.

You hardly even opened your eyes when the alarm Ashton had set on his phone for the pain pills you had to keep taking beeped. You could hear the cap twisting and the bottle opening but it wasn't until Ashton rubbed your shoulder and softly whispered your name that your eyes opened again. "C'mon, baby. Time to take this again then you can go to sleep."

He held the glass of water up to your lips and you took the pill along with a few sips of water. You laid back down and closed your eyes again. He kissed your forehead and then started to walk away, but you grabbed his wrist to stop him from leaving.

"Sleep, baby girl."

You shook your head. "No. Give me cuddles."

He sighed, a little nervous to lay on the couch with you in case he were to cause you any more discomfort. But he also knew you well enough to know you wouldn't sleep unless he was there with you. So, reluctantly, he climbed behind you very very carefully.

He made sure to keep his feet away from yours. His arm went around you and he laid a few kisses to your neck. "Go to sleep now. I'm here and I'll help you and get you anything if you need me to."

And as he started to hum 'lover of mine' in your ear, you fell asleep, happy to know that if you needed anything at all, no matter how big or small, he'd be right there to help you.

He wasn't gonna leave your side until you were feeling better. Until then, he'd carry you anywhere you needed to go and get you anything you wanted.