midnight snacks (requested)

You looked beside you at your boyfriend who was sleeping soundly, dreaming away after his long day in the studio.

You, on the other hand, were still wide awake. Your stomach was growling and slightly achy. you knew you'd never be able to fall asleep when you felt this way so you carefully got out of bed and crept downstairs.

You looked inside the fridge first but when you didn't find anything there you started to search through the cupboards and your eyes landed on the box of popcorn. You quickly took it out of the plastic and put it inside the microwave. You sat down at the counter and stuck a few pieces into your mouth.

But you dropped a couple onto the floor when the light in the kitchen was suddenly flipped on. You turned around to find Ashton making his way over to you. He was only in his pajama bottoms and his hair was all a mess, but he still looked as handsome as ever.

"What are you doing down here, baby? You should be in bed."

He just grunted and sat next to you. "I could say the exact same thing to you. What are you doing awake at almost one am?"

"I couldn't sleep. I was hungry."

Your boyfriend chuckled and leaned his cheek on his hand as he stared at you. You took his other hand from the counter and placed a few pieces of popcorn into it. "You're so sweet." He mumbled and started to munch on the popcorn with you.

You leaned your head on his bare shoulder, loving the feeling of his warm skin on yours.

You continued to share the popcorn. He reached up and pushed a strand of hair that had fallen out of your messy bun behind your ear, leaning down to kiss your forehead just as you looked up at him with your big, bright eyes that he absolutely adored.

"I'm so in love with you." He said and watched a smile appear on your face. "This probably isn't the time for me to be getting all sappy, but I swear that I just fall even more in love with you every single day. I love how excited you get when I compliment you, how you always share your food with me, how you lean your head on my shoulder or my chest and just... look at me with those beautiful eyes of yours."

He smiled down at you, pausing as his tongue came out to wet his lips. "I don't know, I just feel like the luckiest man in the world to get to love you and call you mine."

You giggled and leaned in to kiss him, but just teasingly brushed your lips over his for a second. "That's all so sweet, Ash." You said and he smiled before kissing you, frowning as you pulled away from the kiss just a second later. "But, for the record, I love you more."

He scoffed and threw you over his shoulder. "That's just not possible, baby."

You laughed as he started to carry you upstairs. "Wait!" He stopped. "My popcorn!" He rolled his eyes and went back to the counter. You grabbed the bowl and giggled all the way up to the bedroom before he gently lowered you onto the bed.

He cuddled you close and you put the bowl of popcorn on his lap, still sneaking a few pieces, along with a few kisses from his soft lips, while you curled up to his chest and he turned on Friends reruns. He moved his fingers through your hair, slowly lulling you to sleep, along with his heartbeat thumping in your ears.

He looked down at you with a grin. He moved the bowl onto the nightstand but kept the tv on for you. He wrapped his arms around your back and kissed your head a few times before burying his nose in your hair.

"I love you more than you'll ever know. Sweet dreams, my sweet girl." He said before closing his eyes and going back to sleep. But he felt that flutter in his heart when he realized he had the day off tomorrow, and he looked forward to spending every second of it by your side.