you fall asleep in the car (requested)

It's been a long but fun day spent with the boys.

As much fun as you've had though, you're exhausted. It's getting late, the sun had gone down a couple of hours ago, and you were laying on Calum's couch, so tired you can hardly stay awake.

The feeling of a hand moving up and down your arm made your eyes flutter open. Ashton knelt beside you and cracked a small smile. "Ready to go home?" You nodded and stood up with his help.

You hugged the boys goodbye before heading out to the car with Ashton. He started to drive home. You turned the radio on a low volume but sighed happily when you heard the 1975 play. You felt Ashton take one of your hands, intertwining your fingers with his as he drove him.

The soothing movements of the car and the feeling of your boyfriend stroking your knuckles with his thumb in soft circles soon lulled you to sleep.

Ashton was so focused on the road that he hadn't even noticed you'd fallen asleep. He was surprised by the silence. "Did you have fun today?" He asked and took his eyes off the road for a split second and he grinned at what he saw.

You laid with your head against the window with small snores escaping from your lips.

He kissed your hand and turned his attention back to the road.

He pulled the car into the driveway about ten minutes later. He turned off the ignition and pulled his keys out before coming over to your side.

He carefully wrapped his arms around you and lifted you out of the car. He unlocked the front door and walked inside, closing the door with his foot and turning the lock before he started to carry you up the stairs to your bedroom.

You stirred awake just a few seconds later. "Ash?"

He looked down at you and then back up so he wouldn't miss a step. "Hey, baby. You fell asleep in the car so I'm just carrying you up to bed. Go back to sleep."

You hummed and buried your face in his shirt. It wasn't long until you felt your back touch something soft followed by a fluffy blanket being draped to your shoulders.

When you opened your eyes you saw Ashton at the foot of the bed, taking off his shoes and then changing his clothes into something more comfortable. He climbed into bed next to you and saw you were awake. "You okay?"

You moved closer to him and laid your head on his chest. "I'm perfect." He kissed your head a few times and pulled his own blanket up further around him and even though you were tucked underneath your own, he even draped part of his over you, making you even warmer.

"I'm so in love with you," you mumbled in between your half-asleep and half-awake state. Ashton smiled down at you and then leaned his head against his own pillow. He could tell you were asleep, but it didn't stop him from saying something back to you.

"Just so you know, I'm so in love with you, too. I love you, y/n. Goodnight, baby. Sweet dreams."

He whispered against your hair and then kissed your head. He put his arms around you and then fell asleep with a smile on your face.