he calls you his wife but you're not married

The band was throwing a huge party to celebrate the release of their new album and Ashton was over the moon about it, and obviously you were right by his side.

You felt a little awkward when he'd go up to visit everyone as he held onto your hand and walked right in front of you, guiding you to each and every person.

"Oh! That's one of the producers right over there. Come on," He mumbled and gave you no choice but to follow him since he was dragging you right behind him.

"Ashton," the man exclaimed and for the first time that night, Ashton let go of your hand to hug the man who seemed to be just as excited as Ashton and the boys. "Congrats on all of the success so far with the album."

"Thanks." Ashton looked at you and put his arm around your side to bring you closer to him. "This is my lovely wife, y/n." Your eyes went wide and so did Ashton's when he realized what he had said.

"Your wife? Well, Ashton  has told me a lot about you but he did forget to mention you being his wife." The man said, eyes sparkling as he teased your boyfriend for his slip of the tongue. "Well, y/n. It sure is an honor to meet you. Ashton talks about you every time I see him."

You looked at Ashton to find him staring at his feet, blush evident on his burning red cheeks and ears. "He does?" The man nodded. "He goes on and on about you. Always telling me how wonderful you are."

You held back a smile as Ashton reached for a bottle of water, trying to wet his now dry throat as well as distract himself from his nerves.

"Hey, I should go find Michael. He's the only one I haven't seen yet tonight. See you later, lovebirds. Very nice to meet you, y/n."

He walked away making it just you and Ashton in the corner of the room now. "So... about that whole wife thing - I just slipped up. I'm sorry if it made you uncomfortable-"

You cut him off by pressing your lips to his, pulling him in for a short but sweet kiss.

"How could you possibly think that would make me uncomfortable? I like how it sounded." Ashton smiled and put his hand on the small of your back. "Yeah? Good. Because one day soon that's exactly what you're gonna be."

He leaned in for another kiss until you put your index finger over his lips. "Just out of curiosity, have you addressed me as your wife before? or was this the first time?"

You didn't need a verbal answer. No, the blush that appeared on his face once more gave you the answer you were looking, and hoping, for.

"Don't be shy. I think it's sweet," you said as you kissed him once more and when you pulled away a moment later to catch your breath that's when Ashton knew. He wanted that day to come soon.