you have a seizure (requested)

Ashton always worried when you became stressed. He always knew how much more dangerous it was for you since you have epilepsy.

So when you came home just last night telling him how incredibly stressed out you were he basically forced you to take today off.  He knew you needed a break and needed time to destress. He hoped a day lavished with lots of love and doing nothing but relaxing as he cuddled you and helped take your mind off of everything would help you.

But that wouldn't be the case.

You were curled up to him as you watched one of your favorite movies together. He let you pick it out knowing your favorite movies always cheered you up.

Just a few minutes ago you were talking away to him, but you suddenly went quiet. He didn't think much of it at first. He just figured you were becoming lost in the film.

Ashton turned his head and smiled down at you. His fingers brushed back some of the hair that had fallen out of your messy bun.

But that's when he noticed how spaced out you were. His eyes searched yours and his gaze traveled to where yours rested. That's when he realized that you weren't looking at the tv, you were just staring at the wall above it.

He knelt on the floor in front of you, his hand moving to your shoulder where he spread his fingers out and started to rub your now very tense muscles. "Y/n. Baby? Is everything alright? Is something on your mind, beautiful?" He cooed, trying to get you to do or say something...

But you didn't answer. You didn't move. You just kept staring away.

He shook your shoulder while calling out your name but you still didn't respond. Instead, you collapsed forward into his arms.

Your muscles clenched and your body went rigid, and just a few short seconds later you started to convulse. Ashton watched in horror as your body shook, your muscles contracting uncontrollably.

"Shit, y/n," he cursed under his breath and reached to grab his phone to dial 911. He spoke in a panicked tone as he watched you shake. "My girlfriend needs help," he cried to the operator, begging for them to come and to come fast.

He dropped the phone on the floor and laid you back on the couch. He turned you onto your side to keep your airway clear. He bit his lip as tears stung his eyes at the sight of your body shaking and jerking. He knew he had no other choice than to let you go through it, but still, he wasn't leaving your side.

"It's gonna be okay, y/n. Help is on the way and I'm here with you, I'm right here." He coaxed, swallowing the lump in his throat as he tried to stay as calm as he could.

And just a few minutes later you stopped seizing, much to your boyfriend's relief.

The wail of sirens coming down the street made him let out a breath of relief as he dropped his forehead to your shoulder. He let his tears fall onto your skin as he gripped the soft skin of your shoulder. His instincts took over, he needed to hold you.

Ashton looked up at you and stroked your cheek. He watched as you slowly opened your eyes. "Hey, baby. You gotta stay still for me, okay?" He sniffled.

You could see the tears behind his eyes and through your dizzy and tired haze, you tried to reach for his hand. But the medics were rushing through the door and over to you before you could take it into your own.

The paramedics shined a light into your eyes and started to look you over. Ashton watched from the corner of the room, sobbing quietly. "We're gonna take her to the hospital, just to be safe, alright?" They told Ashton who wiped the tears from his eyes when you looked over at him.

They loaded you up in the ambulance just a moment later. You were finally fully conscious and the only thing on your mind was your boyfriend. In an anxious state, you called out for him. "Ashton!"

He climbed into the ambulance, immediately reaching for your hand and bringing it to his lips. He placed kisses across your knuckles before leaning down to kiss your forehead. "I'm here, y/n. I'm right here with you. I'm not going anywhere."

You squeezed his hand as he let a tear fall down his cheek. "You scared me so badly." He dropped his forehead to your cheek and let out a shaky breath. You were okay and he was relieved to know that and to see that. But what he had witnessed just a few minutes ago was engraved into his brain.

"I'm so sorry, Ash. I don't know what happened, " You cried. Ashton's bottom lip quivered and he nudged his nose against your cheek, dropping a few loving and comforting kisses against your skin. "It's not your fault. Just know that whatever happens from here on out, I'm gonna be right there with you. I love you and I won't let you go."

He could see the anxiety clouding your eyes. He wished he could take it all away from you, but he couldn't. Not when he was also feeling anxious himself. He didn't know what to expect next but whatever it was, he'd be right there with you, by your side to hold your hand, no matter what.