he accidentally wakes up your baby

Ashton had the worst day.

It felt like everything was going wrong. He was so frustrated and had accidentally snapped at Luke and it only made him feel worse. So he came home; he was absolutely exhausted but he was positive that some time with you and your baby would make him feel much better.

Or, maybe that would've been the case if he hadn't accidentally slammed the door behind him.

He wasn't even thinking. He just let his frustration get the best of him. But what followed was you jolting awake on the couch where you'd fallen asleep while waiting for Ashton as your baby cried loudly from upstairs.

He felt so guilty. He could see it in your eyes how tired you were. And he watched as you let out a long and frustrated groan, giving him a dirty look, as you ran up the stairs while yelling out to him. "Thank you so much, Ashton!"

He rubbed his temples for a second. He could feel a headache coming on; both from your baby crying and from the amount of stress he was under.

But he brushed it off and followed you up the stairs. The only thing on his mind was you and your baby.

You bounced around the room with your son in your arms. He gripped your shirt with his tiny hands. Tears streamed down his face. But when Ashton entered the room he saw you were also crying.

"Hey," he whispered as he walked up behind you. "Let me take him. You must be exhausted." He said and picked your baby up from your arms.

"You must be too-" Ashton cut you off by shaking his head. "That doesn't matter right now. Just go to bed. I'll be right in." He said and squeezed your shoulder before he started to coo to your crying son.

You watched from the doorway for a second. You felt terrible for snapping at him. As you stood there, listening to the way he spoke to your son with so much love despite his little screams and cries, was overwhelming.

He was an incredible father. Your son was only a couple weeks old and Ashton had no choice but to continue working long and agonizing hours. Even as tired as he is, he tries his absolute best to be there for the two of you.

He even has a limit now, already warning the boys and the managers that he had to be home early enough to be able to help you and he had to be able to call you to check on you and the baby, and if anything came up he was out of practice or the studio in a heartbeat.

You wiped your tear stained cheeks and went to the bedroom. You got under the covers and pulled them over you. You wanted to wait for Ashton. You could hear the cries turn into whimpers and just a couple minutes later, they stopped altogether. You knew he'd be in shortly, but you were so tired you fell right asleep.

Ashton came into the bedroom a few minutes later, after he'd taken time to admire your now sleeping son. He smiled at the sight of you sleeping so soundly, as you deserved.

He got into bed next to you and rubbed his hands over his face. He jumped when you put your hand on his shoulder. "Sorry." He shook his head. "You know I'm not just apologizing for startling you, right?"

He turned his head and stared at you for a moment before he laid back. "I know. It's already forgotten."

"No it's not. At least not to me." You sighed. "You work so hard, Ash. For the boys, for your fans, for me and our little angel. I know you've gotta be exhausted and at times really aggravated and stressed. I shouldn't have snapped at you for slamming the door."

He brushed his hand across your cheek gently. "No. You had every right. Y/n It's not just me working all day. You take care of our son, that's a lot of work. I know you're exhausted. You just had him three weeks ago and I had to get back to work just days after. We've both had to adjust. I don't blame you for being upset that I woke him up when you were sleeping so peacefully."

You smiled as he spoke. He amazed you every day.

You moved closer to him so you could lay your head on his chest. "I'm gonna be here more. I'm taking tomorrow off."

You lifted your head, eyes wide and mouth open to argue with him, but he just placed his finger over your lips. "I've already made my mind up. I'm staying here. You need rest and I need time with my little man."

He kissed you softly before kissing your forehead. You put your head back down on his chest, listening to the beat of his heart. "Have I ever told you just how much I love you?"

Ashton chuckled as he moved his fingers through your hair. "A few times." He joked. "But I love you more."

You had your eyes closed, starting to fall asleep when you remembered how frustrated Ashton had been earlier. "Wanna talk about your day?"

He shook his head. "No. I want you to sleep. We'll talk tomorrow. You just get some rest for now."

You couldn't argue. Truthfully, you wouldn't have been able to stay awake anyway. But Ashton knew that and he loved you for even offering to let him vent about his bad day.

But his bad day had already been forgotten about. He was home with you now. You were sleeping on his chest and the little bundle of joy who he loved just as much as he loved you was sleeping too, just across the hall.

He had the perfect remedy for a bad day; his beautiful little family.