you're sick and won't answer your phone

Ashton sat back in the chair in the studio, thankful for his break with the boys.

He instantly reached for his phone. You were sick at home, really sick, and he was worried about you because you've been ignoring his texts and calls all day long.

He didn't wanna leave you today but you insisted. He had obligations in the studio with the boys and you refused to let him miss them. His only condition when he left the house this morning was that you let him know that you're okay.

But four hours, numerous texts and missed calls later, and you still haven't said a word back to him. He pressed his phone to his ear and tried to call you again, but this time it went straight to voicemail. He sighed and grabbed his jacket making the boys turn their heads. "Ash? Where are you going?" Luke asked, confused. "Y/n still isn't answering me and I'm really getting worried. I have to make sure she's okay."

The boys nodded and Calum patted his back reassuringly. "It's all good, we understand. Just let us know what's going on when you get there." Ashton nodded and walked out the door before he raced to his car and climbed in, driving as quickly but as safely as possible.

He put his key in the lock and started to look around the house for you. He knew you were weak this morning so his biggest fear was that he'd find you passed out on the floor.

His feet carried him up the bedroom. He let a breath of relief fall from his lips when he stood in the doorway. There you were in bed, out cold as you slept deeply. He noticed that you were shivering so he grabbed another blanket from the closet and put it over you.

Your eyes fluttered open when you felt the fluffy fabric being placed over you. "Ashton?"

"Shh. It's okay, baby." He whispered, moving his fingers through your hair. "I didn't mean to wake you up. You can go back to sleep." He pressed a lingering kiss to your head. His hand pressed against your forehead. Your fever had gotten worse.

"Oh, baby. Your fever is higher, you're burning up." He cooed, brushing away some hairs that stuck to your forehead from the sweat building up there. "Aren't you supposed to be in the studio?"

He rolled his eyes. "Don't start. You're way more important. Besides, you weren't answering your phone and you scared me. I had to come home and make sure you were doing alright." You cracked a lazy smile and hummed as he started to move his fingers through your hair.

"Have you gotten sick anymore since I left?" He asked worriedly.

"A couple of times, but I'm okay now." He didn't believe you, especially since your fever was so much worse than it was earlier. But he decided to let it go because there was no use trying to argue with you when you were so sick.

"Is there anything you need? Are you hungry? Do you want some soup or something to drink that'll soothe your stomach?"

"No. I just want you to cuddle with me." He kicked off his shoes and threw his jacket to the floor before climbing into bed with you. He could sense your discomfort as you rolled over to be closer to him. "Your stomach hurt?"

You didn't have to say a word. His hand was already making it's way to your stomach. He crept his hand under your shirt and started to rub it in circles. He was careful not to make you feel worse by keeping his touch soft. "Thank you, Ash. I'm sorry I worried you."

"Don't worry about it, beautiful. I'm just happy that you're okay." He kissed your forehead and watched you slowly drift off to sleep. He reached for his phone and texted the boys that you were okay but he was calling it a day so he could stay home and take care fo you, which they were so understanding about.

Ashton put his head down on top of yours and closed his own eyes. "I love you, baby. I hope you feel better soon." He whispered as he slowly started to drift off to sleep, too. But he was right there if you needed anything, and he would be until you felt better.