he sings you to sleep when you're sick

"Okay," Ashton whispered softly as he draped the blanket up to your shoulders. "How's that, baby? Are you feeling warmer now?" He asked worriedly and brushed his fingers through your hair.

Knelt on the floor by the bed, he watched you closely as your eyebrows would knit together on occasion when the pain in your stomach would feel worse than before. He made sure the empty trash can was close to you just in case you felt like you'd get sick... again.

It's four in the morning and he can't help but wonder how much sleep you've gotten so far if you've gotten any at all yet. Having woken up a good twenty minutes ago when you started to get sick, he was on his feet and trying to coax you through the horrible sickness.

You look exhausted and you have a slight fever that he's sure is only to get worse with some time. But, he was hoping some sleep would help you to feel even a little better.

You looked at him with heavy and tired eyes. They kept closing but you kept opening them, again and again, to try to keep them open.

He brushed his fingers through your hair and leaned forward to kiss your forehead softly. "I've got you some water if you're thirsty and there are more blankets if you need them. Do you need a heating pad to help with your stomach? Or maybe some soup?"

You slowly shook your head and whimpered as you slowly reached out for his hand. "Could you lay back down with me? I really need you to hold me."

"Of course, baby." He whispered and quickly climbed back into bed beside you. He didn't take any of the covers from you, because he wanted to make sure you were warm enough. But when you craned your neck and slowly took part of it and laid it over him, he couldn't help the smile forming on his lips.

"You're sweet, baby girl. Thank you." He whispered and kissed your clammy skin. "Alright, try to sleep now."

"I can't." You whimpered. "I don't feel great."

"Like you're gonna be sick again?"

You shook your head.

"You're just uncomfortable?"

"yeah."

He nodded his head understandingly and then planted a few kisses on the crown of your head. "I get that, angel. But you're sick, you need to sleep. What can I do to help? Need me to rub your back? Or,"

"Sing." You cut him off. "Please, Ash. I love the sound of your voice. It makes me feel better. Please sing to me."

His heart felt full of love for you. Even though he felt bad that you were so sick, it made him feel kinda good that you found so much comfort in him.

"Okay. What song?"

"Doesn't matter. I just want you to sing to me."

"Okay," he whispered and kissed your neck. "Close your eyes and I'll sing to you."

You let them close and breathed out a soft sigh as his fingertips danced along the warm skin of your shoulder.

He kissed your neck once more before trailing his lips to your ear and started to sing softly,

"Take my hand. Take my whole life, too. For I can't help falling in love with you," He sang as he ran his fingers along your back and through your hair. "Like a river flows, surely to the sea, darling, so it goes, some things are meant to be."

He stopped and stayed still for a minute, waiting for you to protest him stopping or for you to say a word.

But you laid still in his arms with soft breaths falling from your lips, signifying that you were fast asleep, much to his relief.

He kissed your cheek softly and whispered, "Love you, baby girl. Sleep well," before closing his eyes and laying his chin on your shoulder before falling asleep, hoping you'd wake up feeling better, instead of worse.