you get burned

You put the kettle on the stove and brushed your hands over your face.

It's a little after one am but you can't seem to fall asleep. The more you'd lay there in bed, the more anxious you'd become and you figured if anything would help right now, it'd be this.

You grabbed a mug from the shelf and went to grab the kettle from the stove but you didn't have a good enough grip on the handle and it slipped out of your fingers, spilling onto the floor as well as your foot.

It hit the ground with a loud bang and right away you heard Ashton running down the stairs, appearing by your side just a few seconds later.

"What'd you do? Are you hurt?" You winced as the pain started to set in, your foot burning badly. "I burned my foot." You whimpered. Ashton picked you up and took you to the bathroom down the hall. Turning on the water in the tub, he made sure it was cool but not cold before he helped you put your foot inside.

You whimpered out in pain as the water hit your foot. You grabbed his hand, digging your teeth into your lip as you moaned in pain. "It's okay, I've got you." He put his arm around your waist and let you lean against him.

As you adjust to the water you eventually felt the pain ease, but when you pulled your foot out a few minutes later you felt the pain once again.

Ashton sat you down on the toilet lid and grabbed some gauze for your foot. Your skin was beginning to blister but Ashton didn't dare touch it, knowing if he did it'd only make things worse.

He let you hold onto his arm while he covered your foot with the gauze. "You doing alright?" He checked, eyes searching yours carefully. "It just really hurts." You sniffled as he reached up to wipe away the tear before it could even fall.

"It's okay. I'm almost done," he smiled, trying his best to hurry while still being careful. "Alright, there we go. Is it still hurting badly?" He asked, eyes filled with worry.

"A little but not as badly." He pressed a few kisses to your temple before picking you up and carrying up to the bedroom. "You're gonna stay here and let me take care fo you for the next couple of days."

He put a pillow under your foot to keep it elevated before laying down next to you. "Is that better? Comfortable enough?" You stroked his cheek and smiled at him, heart thumping in your chest a little faster when he smiled back at you. "I'm alright. Thanks for taking care of me."

He planted a kiss to your lips and shut the light off. "I'll always take care of you, my little klutz. Now sleep well. I love you lots."

You smiled as he put his chin on your shoulder, laying as close to you as he could without bumping your foot so he wouldn't cause you even more discomfort. He was gonna take great care of you until your foot felt better.