he has a panic attack (requested)

He's been so stressed out lately. With the constant pressure between rehearsing for the new tour, doing countless interviews every day, and writing here and there, he feels like he's barely had time to breathe.

He couldn't handle it. He broke down in rehearsals making Luke call you in a frenzy. "Y/n? Can you come here? I don't know what's wrong with Ashton but he needs you."

That was all you needed to hear before you grabbed your keys and drove as quickly as you could to him. You ran right in and heard the commotion coming from the boys that seemed to be trying to calm down your boyfriend, but it was clearly doing no good.

The sight of Ashton sitting on the floor with his head in his hands as he struggled to catch his breath and calm his racing heart broke you. You rushed over to him and sat in front of him. You grabbed his hands in your own as the boys walked out to give you both some space.

Ashton's hands were shaking terribly, his palms felt clammy as you held onto them. You brushed your thumb across his knuckles as he whimpered and tried to catch his breath. "Ashton. Look at me, I'm right here." He closed his eyes but quickly opened them again. He was overwhelmed and afraid as he squeezed your hand.

"You gotta try to breathe." He shook his head frantically. "You have to, Ash. You can. I'm right here and I won't let anything happen to you. Just close your eyes, take deep breaths, and focus on my voice. You can do it, I know you can."

He did as you said, closing his eyes tightly as his chest rose and fell quickly. You watched as he took deep breaths but it took him a minute before he felt like he could take air into his lungs. "That's it, Ashton. You're doing so well. You've got this."

His bottom lip quivered but as you brushed your thumb underneath it, it stopped and he opened his eyes as he slowly started to calm down.

"You okay?" You asked as you lifted a hand to his face, brushing the sweat that had formed on his forehead. "Ashton?" He swallowed thickly before he hung his head and tried to catch his breath as his heart started to beat a little slower, a little more regularly.

"I'm okay. I just got overwhelmed." His voice was scratchy. You reached for a bottle of water for him to sip on and held it for him since he was still a little shaky. "It's okay now. Everything's alright and you're safe." He nodded and moved closer to you so he could let his head fall right onto your chest. "You're just stressed out. You need some time to relax."

You heard him suck in a shaky breath as he nodded. "It's alright. You're under a lot of pressure and it's normal to crack under it sometimes. Let's just go home and we can have a night together. Sound good?" You felt him smile before he lifted his head from your chest and nodded. "Sounds great. Thank you for being here for me."

You kissed his forehead before cupping his cheeks and giving him a loving kiss. "I'll always be here for you. Now c'mon, let's go home." You stood up and held out your hand for him to take, which he did with a tired smile.

He definitely needed some time to rest, especially after the overwhelming panic attack he just had, and you were gonna make sure he got just that.