you can play the drums (requested)

Ashton was in a fantastic mood as he kicked off his shoes. He had a great day and he couldn't wait to surprise you with the new song the boys wrote today; one Ashton took part in writing, and he wrote it about you.

He planned to go look for you since you weren't on the couch, but something caught his attention. He could hear his drums being played from down the hall. He followed the sound and his heart nearly beat out of his chest when he was greeted with the sight of you playing his drums.

Not only were you playing, but you were really good at it. He stood there with his jaw hanging open a little. He had a few words on his tongue but they couldn't fall from his lips, not when he noticed how passionately you were playing.

It was only when you stopped for a swig of some water that he spoke up. "So... how come you've never told me that you're amazingly talented at playing the drums?"

You jumped at the sound of his voice, dropping a stick on the floor that Ashton quickly grabbed. He approached you and held it out for you. But before you started again, he stood behind you and put his arms around you.

"This is quite a surprise. I mean, I came home early to play you the song we wrote today. But you surprised me instead." You blushed a little, ears and cheeks turning red. "I'm just messing around. Plus, I'm nowhere near as good as you are, Ash."

"You're ridiculously talented, y/n." He said as he planted a few kisses to your neck. "Will you play for me?"

"Really?" You asked, slightly surprised. "Yeah. Come on, baby. I wanna hear you play." He grabbed a chair and pulled it closer to sit next to you. He put his head on your shoulder. The smile on his face never faded away; it only grew as you played, and he even giggled as you, just like he always does, made a few silly expressions when you got really into it.

"What do you think?" You asked when you finished playing and put the drumsticks down for a moment. When he didn't answer you, you turned your head and met his eyes; the look of pride and adoration filled them and it made you melt.

"I've told myself that there's no way I can fall even more in love with you than I already am, but you continue to prove me wrong time and time again." He smiled, cupping your face in his hands. "I think you're absolutely amazing, y/n. I think I really am the luckiest guy in the world. You're so talented."

You kissed him, smiling against his lips as you murmured against them. "I love you,"

"I love you more."