you miss him while he's on tour

Your phone rang with the familiar tone of the facetime request. You saw it was Ashton and a smile crossed your face when you answered it and saw the bright smile he was wearing. "Ash! How was the show tonight?"

You could tell he was laying in his bunk, clearly comfortable as they traveled to the next city, taking him even further away from you than he already was. "Oh, it was incredible! The fans were so loud tonight. They sang along to every word. It was amazing!"

You cracked a small smile as he went on and on about the show. You're happy for him. What kind of girlfriend wouldn't be happy to see the person they love most be able to live out their dream? But, it was hard. Every facetime, every phone call, every text was just a reminder that he wasn't there beside you.

You missed him a lot. You miss the way his arms wrap around your shoulders and the feeling of his lips against your own. You miss the smell of his cologne and his aftershave. You miss him cuddling you. You miss him being there with you.

"Y/n? Y/n you there?" He asked, bringing you back to the conversation you zoned out of. "Hm? What?" He frowned as he took in the sad look in your eyes. "Everything okay?" You took a sharp breath and put on your best fake smile. "Of course. Yeah, everything's fine."

He shook his head and sat up against the pillows. "No, it's not. I can tell when something's not right with you. Tell me what's wrong. I might not be there with you, but you know I'm always here for you."

You lowered your head, taking a shaky breath and then letting it go. "I just miss you."

You saw him nod. "I know. I miss you too, baby. I wish you were here with me. I love being on tour, seeing the fans, being with the boys every day. But I hate being away from you." You bit the inside of your cheek. "How much longer till you're home?"

"A month."

You kept your head down, staring at your feet instead of the worried expression on his face through the phone screen. "I want you to come out here."

Your head shot up. "Ashton, you know I don't wanna get in the way. Plus, I'm not sure how much time I'd have."

"Y/n, listen to me. You could never get in the way and anything is better than nothing. We both miss each other like crazy. Truthfully, I don't think I can last the month without seeing you. Please?"

You couldn't deny the excitement you felt about the thought alone of being able to see him again. There's no way you could last another month without seeing him again, so you just nodded and cracked a smile.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. I wanna see you, Ash." He paused the facetime and you could hear his soft breaths while he went quiet. "I'm booking you a flight for a couple of days from now." Your excitement was growing and you were happier than you've felt in a while when his face appeared back on screen. "Three days. Think you can handle that?"

You nodded, burying your face in your hands to hide the quiet squeal you let out. He just laughed happily, loving seeing that bright smile on your face. "Whatever happens, however long I'll have you for, I promise I'm gonna make it incredible. I'm gonna spoil you like crazy."

"I can't wait!"

He smiled, turning his head at the sound of Luke's voice. "Baby, I gotta go. We're gonna call it a night but I'll talk to you in the morning!" You nodded excitedly. "I love you!"

"Not nearly as much as I love you, y/n. Have a good night and I'll facetime you in the morning. I can't wait to see you. Three more days!" He smiled and blew you a kiss before ending the call.

You fell back onto the bed, moving to his side and burying your face into the pillows that still held his scent just a little. You couldn't wait to see him.

Only three more days, but they couldn't come fast enough.