Wedding - H. Osterfield

Today's the day you've been dreading. You saw this day coming, but you never expected to just be his guest. You wanted to be with him, but you've lost your chance.

Harrison's getting married and it's not with you.

You and Harrison dated for three years and it was amazing. However, things started to go south after your third year anniversary. You were growing apart; you didn't have the same goals anymore and you both didn't have the same interests. The spark you once had was no longer there. The positive energy was not there and it affected both of you. It didn't help the fact that the distance was taking a toll on your relationship.

That's why you broke up. Despite that, you still loved him with all your heart.

It's two hours before the wedding and you've decided to see Harrison before he marries the love of his life. You take a deep breath and knock on his dressing room door. Tom answers the door and smiles when he sees you, "Hey Y/N!! Come in."

You thank him and enter the dressing room only to find Harrison standing in front of the mirror. "Hey there, stranger." you smile. Harrison looks at you through the mirror and grins, "You made it!"

"Of course I did!" you walk up to him and give him the biggest hug you could give. He hugs back and Tom stands idly at the side, watching the touching scene in front of him. You pull away and look around, "Where are the others?"

"I don't actually know." Harrison chuckles. He looks at his best mate says, "Tom?"

"Oh, they're roaming around to check out the place. Harry wanted pictures of the venue as well." Tom answers.

"Um, Tom? Can you leave Haz and I for a bit? I want to talk to him." you say. Tom nods and says, "If you need me, just text. I'll go look for the others." He smiles at both of you and leaves the room.

You sit down on the couch, motioning Harrison to sit next to you and he does so. You look at him and give a soft smile, "Haz, I'm really happy for you."

"Thanks, Y/N. You have no idea how much I appreciate you being here. I'm really happy too. We both know that I've been waiting for this exact moment." Harrison chuckles. You smile and say, "Yeah, I know. I'm just sad that it's not me."

Harrison looks at you sadly and says, "Y/N–"

"Please hear me out." you look at him with pleading eyes and he nods for you to continue.

"I'm really, truly happy for you, Haz. You have no idea how happy I am for you, because you're happy. You finally found the love of your life and that's fucking great! I just had a hard time accepting that, because I still love you with everything in me." you say, tears streaming down your face. Despite all your tears, you still have a smile on your face.

Smiling through the pain at its finest.

"I still love you and it's really depressing how I can't move on. It's so unfair that you finally found the person who you're going to spend the rest of your life with. It's unfair that it isn't me, because we spent three years together talking about this moment; it comes true with you and a girl who isn't me. But you know what? That's alright." you sniff and hold his hands.

"That's alright, because your love is what ours couldn't be. It's a love that you deserve. Our love was great, but it wasn't what you deserved." you tell him.

"What do you mean?" he asks.

"We were destined to meet, but we weren't destined to be with each other. As much as it hurts to admit, it's true. You are worthy of this love that you have with her, because it'll last for your entire lives. And because of that, I'm finally and officially closing the chapter of what we once had instead of hoping that you might come back for me, because you won't. I'm letting you go now, Haz. I hope she takes care of you and I hope she gives you everything that I couldn't give you. Lastly, I hope she's all the things I'm not." you say through your forever falling tears.