I Hate You - H. Osterfield

You come from a rich family and you decided that you don't want any part of something you didn't work hard for. Plus, you didn't like the plans your family had for you.They had a deal with another rich family to arrange a marriage between you and their eldest son who you haven't met before.It was getting too much and you just left.

That's when you met Tom and Harrison.

You were crying in an alley beside a diner when Tom and Harrison saw you. Their uniforms told you that they were working in a grocery store which was nearby. They approached you and offered you to stay with them until you got back on your feet.

Of course, you ended up staying there for as long as you can remember and it was fantastic.

You were having a bad day at work today and your family added to your stress when they were able to contact you and told you to quit your job and come back home.

When you arrived at your shared apartment with the two boys. Today's their day off and all you wanted was to hang out with them. Specifically, just Tom.

Tom and Harrison were your new friends and they were great housemates, but the longer you stayed with them, the more mean Harrison got. Tom said that Harrison was probably just warming up to a new person around the apartment.

But that was last year. You really wanted Harrison to like you, because you really don't want people to hate on you for no apparent reason.

As soon as you enter the apartment, you were greeted by Harrison. "Oh it's you. I thought it was Jafar, because of that frown on your face." Harrison laughs.

"Haz, that's not nice." Tom chimes in from the living room. "Come join us, love! We're just watching this really weird show."

You take off your shoes and hang the coat on the rack and walk to the living room and sit next to Tom.

"You're sitting on my spot." Harrison says, rolling his eyes.

"I don't see your name on it." you tell him, earning a chuckle from Tom. "Calm down, mate. You can sit over there or you can sit on the space next to me so that I'm in the middle." Tom offers.

"No thanks. I'd rather sit somewhere else." Harrison says, sitting on the bean bag next to the small couch where you and Tom are sitting.

"So what happened at work? You seem really stressed." Tom asks in concern.

"Pfft. Have you seen her face, Tom? She looks older than her age. Of course she's stressed!" Harrison laughs, shaking his head. You didn't comment on what Harrison said. You didn't want to burst into anger in front of Tom and you couldn't afford to make Tom hate you too.

"Haz." Tom says, looking at him. "Stop that."

"Stop trying to defend her." Harrison rolls his eyes.

"Stop being mean to her, then." Tom says, clearly annoyed at his best friend.

"Tom, it's o-"

"No, it's not okay, Y/N! He's been treating you like shit and I don't want that anymore." Tom angrily says, before standing up. "You need to tell her why you're treating her that way, so I'm leaving you two alone." Tom walks to his room and slams the door shut.

"I don't really hate you, by the way." Harrison admits. "I'm just scared that you're taking my best friend away from me. It's like you're purposely replacing me right in front of my face and I hate that. I hate being replaced."

"Harrison, we all hate being replaced. I'm not trying to replace you. He's still your best friend and trust me when I say that until now, I still feel left out. You guys have inside jokes and you know what the other is thinking of even when they don't say it and you know when the other is feeling down but you don't question it so you just distract them and honestly I can go on." you tell him. He looks at you and sighs, "I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too for making you think that I'm replacing you. I only ever wanted to be included." you lightly chuckle.

"Tell you what," Harrison starts, "we can start over. I'm a year too late, but it's better than not trying to solve anything at all. Deal?" He puts his hand in front of you, signaling a handshake. You look at his hand and his face full of hope and you look at his hand again with a smile etched on your face.

"Deal."