How Will I Know? - P. Parker

𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄: 𝐑𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬!𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

𝐏.𝐒. 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝.

* * * *

If there was one song that could describe how you were feeling right now, it would definitely be "How Will I Know" by the legend herself, Whitney Houston. It's like the lyrics were made for you. That's why ever since you realized you have a big big crush on Peter Parker, you've been playing it non-stop.

Peter Parker is a boy in your class who's super intelligent. He's also really cute and you don't understand how people fail to see that he's, overall, an amazing guy. Anyway, it's their loss.

You couldn't help but feel like Peter was made for you. Like for some weird reason, you felt as if he was sent from heaven for you. Like, he was your soulmate. And for another weird reason, you believed that he was. This is reality and there are no birthmarks, matching tattoos, or anything else that can help you find your soulmate. That only happens in fiction. Everyone has to find their soulmate naturally and you're convinced that you've found him and it is, in fact, Peter Parker.

He doesn't know it, though. He doesn't even talk to you. You aren't friends with him, but you're friends with him on Facebook and I guess that kinda counts.

There were times wherein you and Peter would make eye contact and every time you would make eye contact, it felt like heaven. He would flash you a smile before turning back to pay attention. You couldn't pay attention to the lesson anymore, though. Peter Parker took over your mind 24/7. It's surprising how you could still pass every subject.

You didn't want Peter to think you didn't study at all. That is, if Peter thinks about you at all.

Sometimes, you would think that maybe he likes you too. You would pray every night for a sign that could prove your little theory right. Your dad knows about your crush and he finds it cute. Although he finds it kind of weird when you give Peter heart eyes whenever you see him at the compound. He couldn't help you with your little problem, though. You remember him telling you that he's not really good with the ladies. So, that immediately made up your mind to not ask your dad for love advice.

Lucky for you, you have Nat and Wanda to help you. You would have girls' night every Friday in your room and they'd ask you if there's progress with Peter.

"Love can be deceiving, honey." Nat says, not taking her eyes off the television screen. "Don't trust your feelings either."

"What?! But I'm so sure that I like him." you shriek. "I think I love him at this point."

"Yeah, love is also confusing." Wanda looks at you and pats your back, "We forgot to mention that, sorry."

"You'll figure it out on your own." Nat chuckles and eats popcorn. She looks at you, "You're asking us what we know about these things and we're telling you what we know."

"How will I know if he's thinking of me?" you shyly ask.

"The main question is: is he thinking of you?" Wanda asks. "We don't have answers for that. So I guess this means..."

"This means what?" 

"This means you have to tell him how you feel!" Nat smiles and faces you. Wanda pauses the movie and nods quickly. You look at both of them and shake your head, "Nope. Not happening."

"Why not?!" Wanda questions. "It'll help you sleep at night, because you'll get the answers you need."

"I want to get the answers I want not the answers I need. There's a difference." you sigh. "I didn't know love was bittersweet."

"Just make the first move. Nothing will happen to both of you if you don't ask him out. The kid is naturally shy and if he does like you, there's a big chance that he's shy to ask you out." Nat explains.

"What if he doesn't like me?" you frown. 

"You won't know that unless you try." Wanda says calmly. Nat hums in agreement and takes a sip of water. "And if he doesn't like you, that's going to hurt, but you'll get over it. There are a lot of guys out there." Wanda adds.

"But I only want Peter!!!" you whine. "Other guys don't impress me like Peter. No one can compare to him."

"You're so in love with him, I swear." Nat smirks. "Maybe Tony could help you-"

"Oh my god no! He'll just tell Peter." your eyes widen in fear that Nat might tell Tony how you feel about Peter. "Please don't tell him."

"We won't." Wanda says. "Just ask Peter out. It'll make you feel better."

Nat hands you your phone, "Call him or we will."

"You don't scare me." you say boldly.

Nat takes out her phone and calls Peter. You thought it was a bluff, but she showed you and it was ringing. Your eyes widen and you gasp, "Oh my god!"

Nat ends it and smirks, "Don't try me."

You sigh and take your phone from her and your thumb hovers over Peter's contact. You look at Nat and Wanda and they encourage you to call him.

"Girls, I can't." you frown. "Besides, dad told me that guys usually do the work."

"That's so old fashioned!" Wanda exclaims. "You really are his daughter. I don't doubt it anymore."

"So, you've doubted it before?" you raise an eyebrow at her.

"That's not the point, Y/N." Nat shakes her head. "We're in modern times now! Girls can make the first move." 

"But dad said-"

"Fuck what Steve said!" Nat shouts. "Just do it. Call Peter and ask him out."

"I'm just really confused because my love for him is so strong yet I'm so weak." you confess.

"That was so cheesy." Wanda crosses her arms.

"Totally." Nat chuckles.

"Go get your man before someone else does." Wanda states. "Who knows? Maybe he does feel the same." she shrugs.

"Yeah. You don't have to call him now. Just think about it. But if I were you, I'd ask him out in person. It'll make you look confident. Guys love confident girls." Nat winks.

"But I'm not confident." you tell her.

"I said it'll make you LOOK confident. I didn't say it'll MAKE you confident." Nat rolls her eyes. "Damn, you're like a female version of Peter sometimes."

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" you bite your lip nervously.

"Neither." Wanda answers. "Now, let's all calm down and forget about Peter for a while. I'm starting to get sick of seeing him because of all the times we talk about him. He probably thinks I hate him already." 

You and Nat laugh as Wanda plays the movie again. For the rest of the night, you forgot about Peter for a while and it felt good to take a breather.

* * * *

There's a part 2 for this and my new Haz fic is out! xx