All For Her - Dad!Peter

Hamilrequest #26

"You will come of age with our young nation. We'll bleed and fight for you, we'll make it right for you. If we lay a strong enough foundation, we'll pass it on to you, we'll give the world to you and you'll blow us all away."

Since Hamilrequest #7 is from the same song, I figured I'd use Burr's line in the song bc Hamilrequest #7 used Hamilton's line <3

Song: Dear Theodosia

* * * *

Ever since your daughter was born, Peter has been fighting crime like crazy. He didn't stop. He'd come home all bruised and tired from fighting. Of course, you'd take care of him. It's been a routine for years. The only thing different is that you're married now and have a daughter.

After you'd clean his wounds, both of you would go to bed. Now, before he goes to bed, he goes to the nursery to check on your little one. He'd lean over the crib and press a light kiss on her forehead before whispering, "Good night, little one. I love you."

He would leave the nursery and go to your shared room. After weeks of Peter fighting crime like crazy, you decided that it'd be best to ask him why he wants to be gone everyday to fight crime.

So when he laid down next to you, you turned to face him and ask, "Peter, why do you always leave to fight? You do that a lot before, but it's like you're not even taking breaks to do it. What's up with that?"

Peter looked at you with tired eyes and a tired smile, "I just want our daughter to live in a safe place and as long as I'm around, I'll do everything I can to make it safe for her."