Goodbye - P. Parker

You and Peter had something special. You've been friends for as long as you could remember and one day, he asked you to be his girlfriend and you said yes. Since then, you've loved each other ever since.

You're now in your last year of college together and your relationship with Peter has become so... dry and bland. It has been like that for two years. You didn't know what happened. You didn't know what went wrong. You didn't need Peter's Spidey Senses to know that he was being cold.

Besides, it's like he wanted you to know.

"So, uh, how was your day?" you ask him as soon as he enters your shared apartment. He just grunts in response and walks to the couch, taking his shoes off and sitting on the couch with his legs stretched on the coffee table.

"Was it good? Were you busy?" you ask again, trying to get something out from him. He rolls his eyes and says, "It was fine. There, I answered. You, happy now?"

"What's with the attitude?" you cross your arms and stand next to where he's seated on the couch. "I was literally just asking about your day. Why is that so hard for you to answer?"

"You're so fucking annoying! You're literally so clingy!" Peter shouts.

"Clingy?! I haven't been touchy with you for days! And I'm sorry, last time I checked, asking about someone's day doesn't make them clingy!" you shout back.

"Oh my god, just leave me alone!" Peter sits properly and sets his feet down from the coffee table. 

"No, I can't." you finally snap. "Things haven't been doing well for both of us recently and I want to know why. You and I both know that it hasn't been working out and you seem to have answer as to what changed. So please enlighten me, Peter. What fucking changed?"

Both of you didn't say anything for a while but Peter breaks the silence, "It wasn't supposed to end this way." He mutters. You frown and take a seat next to him, "What? What do you mean?"

"Y/N, I can't love you anymore. For the last two years, I've been struggling to love you again. All the things I used to love about you, changed into something I hate." Peter says.

"All these years and you decide to break my heart now?" you say in a shaky voice. "Did you even love or care about me?"

"Of course! Don't ever doubt the love I once had for you. It was all real. It's just gone now." Peter confesses as he bites his lip. "I met someone else and I love her."

"You cheated?" you ask, horrified with what he'll answer. Peter shakes his head, "No, I would never cheat! But I will admit that while being with you, my thoughts lingered to someone else."

You let out a sob as you put your head in your hands. Peter just looks at you. He didn't know if he should comfort you, so he just sits there and looks at you.

Peter takes your silence as a sign to add something to what he just said, "I- I think she's the one, Y/N. I'm sorry. But I can't do anything until we're done. Please, set me free."

"Go." you sniff and look at him.

"Huh?"

"I can't make you stay with me. I don't have that power anymore. Go." you sob.

"But what about you?"

"Stop pretending like you still care. You stopped caring two years ago, remember?" 

"I'm sorry it has to end this way." Peter frowns at you as he stands up, putting his shoes on. You follow him and open the door for him.

"I'll get my stuff when you're not here, if it makes you feel better?" Peter walks out and turns to you. "I hope we can be friends."

"That's unlikely." you admit.

"Goodbye, Y/N."

"Goodbye, Parker." with that, you close the door and slide down against it as you cry.

* * * *

skksksks how sad