What If - T. Holland

Hamilrequest #6

This is inspired by a fic on Tumblr

"At least my dear Eliza's his wife. At least I keep his eyes in my life."

Song: Satisfied

* * * *

The music was getting loud and you walked away from your little group to get a drink for yourself. On your way back, you saw Tom making out with some girl. Suddenly you felt dizzy and you felt your heart stop upon seeing the scene. You felt your heart break then and there. You had something special with him you know?

You drank the drink in your hand all in one go and put it on some table next to where you were standing. You walked to Sam and told him you were going home. Sam had a feeling that he knew why you were going home, so he didn't stop you from leaving.

Harry saw you leaving and he frowned at the state you were in. He stood up from his seat and followed you, but Sam stopped him when you were already out of the place.

"Sam, let me go!" Harry sighed and slightly pushed him away. Sam shook his head and grabbed his arm instead, "Harry, just leave her alone for a bit. She needs her time alone."

"Surely she needs someone!" Harry said, annoyance present in his tone.

"You think I don't know that?!" Sam raised his voice. "In case you're forgetting, I'm her best friend too. But let's give her some space to think and she'll tell us what's wrong when she's ready."

Harry sighed and shook his head, "Fine. Let's give her a week or so."

Since that night, you spent the week cooped up in your house and not leaving. You basically felt worthless. Tom didn't even apologize for what he did. Not even a half-assed apology through text. Nothing.

However, you did miss everyone around you. You completely fell off the grid. You didn't answer calls and messages and when your phone died, you didn't bother charging it. You didn't go out of your house unless it was to throw the trash or get the mail.

You missed going out without the fear of seeing Tom making out with some chick. You missed meeting up with your friends from work. Heck, you missed your work and that says a lot. You missed your best friends: Sam and Harry.

You wondered how they were doing and if they were okay. You figured that maybe, just maybe, they gave you some space; already having a feeling that something bad had happened. You missed Sam and his cooking. You missed Harry. You were closer with him than you are with Sam.

'I wonder what he's up to right now...' you thought.

You were eating pizza on your kitchen island when you heard a knock on the door. You groaned, not wanting to leave your seat. So you did just that. You didn't care who was knocking on the door. But whoever was knocking must have cared, because they were violently knocking at the door at this point.

You huffed and took one more bite of pizza before putting it in the box and walking to open the door. You didn't check the peephole before you opened the door so you said everything you had in mind, "I was having such a peaceful day and-," you looked up and saw Harry, "Oh, hi Harry."

"Hey!" he smiled at you as he adjusted the strap of his bag. "And you got a little something on your chin."

Your hand immediately flew to your chin and wiped pizza sauce and a few crumbs off. You gave Harry a tight-lipped smile and nodded at him to enter. "Sorry, it's a mess. I haven't been cleaning up."