A Whole New World - A. Russell

Disney theme!

* * * *

"𝐀 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝, 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰"

A knock on your front door was heard throughout your quiet house in the afternoon. You were home alone because your parents were at work. You had no school and you decided to sleep in. But your sleep was disrupted by the loud knocks.

You hurried downstairs and looked through the peephole to see Arvin. You grinned and hurriedly opened the door. "Arvin!" You breathed. "What brings you hear?"

"I know I don't ask this and I know this don't sound like me but-"

"What is it?" You asked.

"Do you- Do you love me?" Arvin asked as he looked at you directly in the eyes. You nodded, "Of course, I do. What made you ask that?"

"I'm going away." Arvin blurted out. "I'm- I'm leaving this town. I did something bad and-"

"What did you do?" You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion.

"I shot the preacher." Arvin whispered. "And I'm running away because I know they'll find me."

"Oh, Arvin." You gasped.

"He's the reason why Lenora-" He stopped himself. He didn't want to talk about it. He cleared his throat, "I want you to come with me. We'll run away together."

"Arvin, I can't just leave. I have school." You said softly.

"I thought you loved me? You said that." Arvin said. "So, why can't you come with me?"

"I love you, but I have things to do here and my mama would be heartbroken if I just left!"

"Then leave a note!" Arvin sighed. "We can start new and we can be together all the time. You can even visit here on the weekends if you want. I just want to be with you."

You looked at him for a long time. You didn't know what to do or where you'll end up at. But you figured that having Arvin by your side as you faced the real world would be good. Arvin looked down and walked back to his car and you ran after him, "Wait! Arvin, wait!"

He turned around and you stopped in front of him to cup his face with your hands, "I don't know what's gonna happen out there, but I figured I'd be alright if I'm with you."

"Does this mean you're coming?" He asked, his eyes full of hope. You nodded and smiled, "I'll pack a bag and I'll leave a note for my mama. Knowing my daddy, he'll never care about where I am and who I'm with, but my mama would."

"I'll help you pack. It'll be faster." Arvin said as he kissed your forehead. Both of you ran back in the house and packed your things. Thirty minutes later, you were done packing and you already left the letter in a place where only your mama could find it.

Both of you got in Arvin's car and smiled at each other. You didn't know much, but you knew that you would be alright with Arvin by your side.

"𝐀 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝, 𝐚 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐞"