Betrothed - Revolutionary!Tom

Hamilrequest #15

"I didn't think that you would make it."

"I came to say congratulations."

This is set in the old times.

Song: The Story of Tonight (Reprise)

* * * *

"If Tom can get married, there's hope for us after all." Harrison joked as the other boys laughed. Tom just chuckled and shook his head.

"At least I've settled down." Tom teased before he sipped his drink. "I've got someone who'll wait for me to come home. More importantly, I've got someone to come home to."

"At least we have our freedom." Harry chimed in and Sam nodded in agreement. Tom furrows his eyebrows, "I've got freedom too!"

Harrison shook his head, "No matter what your wife tells you, you're not free."

"What does that even mean?" Tom asked, but he saw you and smiled. He motioned you over and you shyly made your way over.

"I'm so happy that you made it, Y/N!" Tom grinned. You gave him a polite smile and handed him your wedding gift.

"I wanted to give this gift in person before I leave." you smiled sadly.

"Leave?" Harrison asked. "Where are you going?"

You turned to him and cleared your throat, "I'm moving to France with Hugo."

"Hugo? Who's that? Have I met him?" Tom asked in curiosity. You've been friends for a long time and he's never heard you talk about this man named Hugo before.

You shook your head.

"So the rumors are true, then." Sam piped up and gave you a sad smile. Harry looked at his twin, "What rumors?"

Sam scoffed, "Of course you haven't heard the rumors. All of you were too busy with your own lives that you forgot all about our dear friend."

Sam looked at you with pity, "I'm so sorry. I hope you find your true happiness soon. Although, I know what you really want, we both know you can't have it anymore."

Sam stood up from his seat and walked up to pull you in a warm embrace. You cried on his shoulder and he wiped your tears after he pulled away.

"Y/N, what rumors?" Harrison asked.

You looked at him and sighed, "I've been arranged to marry and Hugo is my betrothed. My family wants me to marry someone rich and Hugo's family just wants a grandchild. I've met Hugo before, but he's not so great."

"When will you get married?" Harry asked.

"Next week." you sniffed. "Anyway, I have to go now. My carriage is waiting."

You nodded at them before turning around to leave. Tom stood up and called out, "Do you love him?"

You looked over your shoulder and said, "No, I don't. I love someone else."

"Go after him, then. It's not too late." Tom encouraged with a smile.

A few tears escaped your eyes and bitterly smiled, "I'm afraid it is. He's married now."

Tom frowned, "Oh. How awful."

"Goodbye. I'll see you all when I come back." you said.

"When will that be? I'll miss you." Sam asked.

"Soon." you smiled once more before leaving completely.

Tom sat back down and turned to Sam, "How did you know about the rumors?"

"Mum and her mum talk a lot. I warned her, but she didn't believe me. I felt terrible, because she was going to tell the man she truly loves who she felt." Sam said.

"Who does she truly love?" Harry asked.

Sam looked at them and shook his head, "It's not my place to tell, but we won't be seeing her anytime soon and you'll forget about this night and you might forget about her, anyway."

He took a deep breath and said, "She loves you, Tom. She's loved you for a long time now."

"If I may interrupt," Harrison started. "I think I may have the pieces together."

Harrison took a sip of his drink and cleared his throat, "Y/N loves Tom. I assume Y/N didn't tell him immediately, because her family wouldn't approve of it. Y/N's family is rich and it makes sense that they want her to marry a rich man, in this case this rich man is Hugo. She's also the eldest and therefore, won't have any of her family's riches, because she's not a male heir and only male heirs get the riches. Y/N's family spoke to Hugo's family in agreement to let Hugo and Y/N marry each other. Am I correct?"

"You most certainly are." Sam said.

"I didn't know she loved me." Tom said.

"Of course you didn't. None of you knew except for me. We exchange letters, you know." Sam boasted.

"I hope we get to see her soon. Until then, I'll send her letters and I'll pretend that I don't know anything about her love for me." Tom said.

Sam just shrugged, "Okay. I hope she'll be alright in France."

* * * *

idk what to feel abt this lmao but i hope it was interesting enough x