Reflection - T. Holland

Disney theme!

Rich kid AU. Holland!Reader

* * * *

"𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐞; 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫. 𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭?"

Being the only daughter wasn't easy. Your parents wanted you to act a certain way and for some reason, you didn't want to. You had your own way of life that wasn't inclined to what your parents want for you. It gave you the title, "Black Sheep Holland".

It was Sam, Harry and yours birthday and everything was elegant. Obviously, you didn't want a party like that. You wanted to go to clubs and see and experience them. Everyone was holding champagne or wine and the music was strictly ONLY classical as per Sam's request. Harry personally picked the best and most expensive videographer to document the party. You, however, didn't request anything. Thus, the reason why Sam and Harry were ignoring you the whole night.

Everyone was seated, eating the catered dinner while a pianist was playing. You were just minding your own business when your mum started telling you off.

"Chin up, dear."

"No slouching!"

"Fix your hair. It's falling apart."

"Smile more!"

"Ladies don't laugh like a walrus."

"Mum, can you shut up?!" You hissed. "Weren't you taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?"

"Y/N!" Nikki gasped. Dom shook his head at you disapprovingly and the twins' jaw dropped. Paddy just didn't care. Tom just looked at you with an expression you couldn't read. You threw your napkin on the table and walked out of the venue.

You found yourself looking at the pond as you stood on the little bridge. The koi fishes were swimming around and for a second, you smiled a little. You didn't even notice that you were crying.

You heard footsteps coming towards you and you turned to see Tom. You looked back at the pond and Tom stood next to you.

"I just want you to know that what you did back there was-"

"Disrespectful and rude."

"-badass!" Tom exclaimed. He turned to you and smiled. "No one's ever stood up to mum, but you did. That was amazing, Y/N."

"You're not here to yell at me?" You asked and he shook his head.

"Fuck, no! I'm on your side and I will forever be on your side. What they're saying isn't true. You're not a black sheep, alright? You're different because you chose to be yourself and not someone who mum and dad want you to be. You're different and that's a good thing. You don't have to be a carbon copy of them. Be yourself." Tom smiled at you.

"No man would ever want a lady that laughs like a walrus, though. You're not looking at the right place, then. Because one day there'll be a guy out there who'll make you laugh so hard, people might think it was a walrus." Tom said and you chuckled.

"That guy wouldn't mind because he wouldn't care about your laugh. He wouldn't care if you were slouching or if your chin isn't up like it was instructed to you. He'll love you when your hair is messy and he'll be making you smile all day especially when you're sad. I believe he's out there and I know you'll find him." Tom grinned.

You smiled and hugged him, "Thank you. Love you, Tommy."

"Love you too, baby sis. Happy birthday."