It's Quiet Uptown (III) - H. Osterfield

"𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞
𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝
𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐄𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐚
𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭
𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡"

After being together for three years, Harrison asked you to marry him. Of course, you said yes. You got married a year later and both of you lived happily. Both of you bought a house and bought furniture together and you were ready to start a family with him.

"Haz, stop it!" you giggle as he peppers kisses all over your face. "I'll miss my flight if you don't stop."

Harrison pulls away and smiles cheekily, "Alright, I'm sorry. It's just that we got married three months ago and it's the first time one of us is leaving. I'll miss you."

"I hope last night would satisfy you until I get back." you wink. He smirks and leans in to kiss you. You kiss back, but it was cut short when you hear your flight getting called. You pull away and you tried not to let your sadness show.

"I'll be back after two months, okay?" you tell him and he nods sadly. "After this business trip, I'm all yours."

"You've always been mine, sweetheart." he smiles. "Now, go. I want you to kick ass at your job; you always do."

You chuckle, grabbing your suitcase as you walk towards security. He waits until you're out of sight before leaving.

Then three weeks later, he cheated.

You weren't there with him and he was lonely. It wasn't an excuse, though. You were lonely too and he wasn't there, but you never thought about cheating on him. You love him. He loves you too and his love for you overpowered so a month into his sin, he broke it off with the side girl. He only used her for sex, anyway.

He never told anyone about what he did. Not even Tom. He knew that he had to tell you first. He didn't want you to find out from someone else. He also didn't want to tell you through the phone. The least he could do was tell you face to face. So that's what he did when you got back; he came clean.

You didn't yell. You didn't hit him. You didn't throw a fit. You just looked at him and cried. He cried too, thinking he would lose you. But he knew that he lost you the moment he cheated. He thought you'd file for a divorce, but you surprisingly didn't.

You didn't forgive him either.

You just had a label as husband and wife, but you two didn't act like it. Harrison tried to make it up to you. He really did, but you found it difficult to forget what he did. You were scarred.

You stay up at night thinking where you went wrong and you cried yourself to sleep every night, because your insecurities would kick in.

Harrison heard it every night. He just pretended that he didn't, but he did. He wanted to hold you and tell you that he was sorry over and over again. But he knew you would just pull away from him.

Then your first anniversary came. You've been married for a year now. You came home to see Harrison in the dining area waiting for you.

"Happy anniversary, love." Harrison says with a small smile. "Join me for dinner? Please?" he asks as he pulls a chair for you at the head of the table. You eye him up and down before sitting. He sits to your left and he says, "I cooked your favorite. I also made dessert. I think I used up everything so, I think I'll do the groceries tomorrow."

Both of you begin to eat in silence. Harrison breaks it by clearing his throat, "How's-How's the food? Is it okay? Is it bad? I can order a pizza if it's bad. You don't have to eat it."

"It's good, Harrison." you give him a tight-lipped smile. He nods and continues to eat, "I'm sorry for everything, Y/N."

"Harr-"

"Hear me out." he pleads. "Being lonely isn't an excuse as to why I cheated, but please know that I'm sorry. These past few months have been painful for both of us. I know it'll take a long time for you to trust me again. But I want you to know that none of it is your fault. It's mine. There's nothing wrong with you and I want you to know that. And despite what I did, I love you." he cries, causing you to cry too.

"I don't know what I did to deserve you, because you're such an angel. I feel so bad about what I did. I deserve to rot in hell."

That's when you had enough.

"Harrison, you don't deserve that." you shake your head at him as tears stream down your face, "Trust me when I say that there are other people who deserve to rot in hell."

"You deserve me just as much as I deserve you. I may not deserve what you did, but I do deserve you as a person, as a husband. I deserve your love and you loved me with everything in you. I know that, because you wouldn't do everything to make it up to me if you didn't." it was hard to see Harrison with the tears blurring your vision.

"I love you too." you tell him and that was enough for him to breakdown. He longed to hear those words again and it felt so good to hear it.

"Ever since you told me about what you did, I've been rebuilding my trust for you. And I think I'm ready to trust you again." you sniff.

"You won't regret this." Harrison smiles at you.

"Oh and Harrison?"

"Hm?"

You hold his hand and give it a squeeze, "Because I love you with everything in me, I forgive you."

Harrison tears up again and lifts your hand to his mouth and gives it a kiss.

A week later, you and Harrison renewed your vows and both of you are trying for your first baby. You never brought up Harrison's mistake again and you didn't regret your decision in forgiving him.

After all, sometimes, the biggest form of love is forgiveness.

* * * *

i actually like this one <3