Not Saved - P. Parker

Prequel to 'It's Quiet Uptown (IV)'

Hamilrequest #34

"Save your strength and stay alive."

"No! Is he breathing? Is he going to survive this?"

Song: Stay Alive (Reprise)

* * * *

Peter blamed himself for it even though it wasn't his fault. He was able to save the other kids, but his own. It made him feel like shit, because he wasn't able to save the person that mattered to him most.

Everyone was really grateful that Spider-Man was there to save the day. Some parents were upset with Spider-Man, because he didn't arrive early enough to save the kids who were hurt before he came. He didn't know that one of those kids were his own.

Those kids were rushed to the nearest hospital and of course his wife, Y/N, was informed about what happened. She rushed to the hospital as soon as possible. Peter quickly changed his clothes in the alley where his backpack was before rushing to the hospital.

He arrived there and saw Y/N crying. His heart broke at the sight of his wife breaking down, but he knew he had to be strong. He approached her and she heard footsteps walking towards her. She looked up and saw her husband. She stood up from the uncomfortable chair and rushed to Peter to pull him in the tightest embrace.

"What did the doctor say?" Peter asked once she calmed down.

"The doctor said he might not make it. They said he was shot twice, Pete." she cried. "Our son was shot twice! He's only 7 years old!"

The next hour was spent waiting for their son's surgery to be over. They were removing the bullets from his body. Soon, the doctor came out and told them the most heartbreaking news: their only son has died.

Peter and Y/N mourned the death of their only son. Y/N knew they had to move on eventually, but she knew it'll take some time. After all, the most painful thing to happen to parents is when they bury their child.