Letter - H. Osterfield

Hamilrequest #3

Song: Best of Wives and Best of Women

* * * *

You couldn't believe that your husband was gone. You knew he was sick but the doctors said he was getting better. But obviously, it was a lie. You and your two children mourned the death of your husband and their father. He was taken too soon.

You were cleaning around your room when you found a letter with your name on it. You open the letter and see your husband's handwriting.

Dearest Y/N,

When you read this, you know that I'm already gone.

I know you're probably mad at the doctors for lying, but I asked them to lie, because I didn't want you to worry about me. You already have a lot on your plate and I don't want to add to that. That's why I did what I did. But look on the bright side, I'm not hurting anymore :)

Anyway, I just want to say thank you for everything you've done for me and for being the mother to our children and for being a good wife. I love you so much.

I'm sorry for leaving you behind. I'm also sorry for telling the doctors to lie, but even if they told the truth, I still don't have hope to live longer.

I'll watch over all of you and please tell our kids that I love them so much. I left a few letters for them for every occasion that'll happen. Y'know : sixteenth birthdays, college graduations, engagements, and weddings. The letters are in my drawer. Please give it to them at the right time.

I'll see you on the other side.

Goodbye, best of wives and best of women.

Love,

Haz x

* * * *

It's Harrison's birthday already from where I am xx