Phantom of the Opera - Holland!Reader

𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄: 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐥𝐥. 𝐈𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬.

𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐫𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐝𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬.

* * * *

"Okay, let's try again on the lowest note that you can do. Alright?" Sam, your brother who is two years older, asks you. You look at your older brother and nod at him, "Alright."

Sam starts playing the notes for vocalization and you start to vocalize starting from the lowest note until your highest. Sam smiles as he's doing it and you smile as you vocalize. Out of all of your brothers, you and Sam got along most.

He claimed that you were his favorite Holland. You're his best girl, after all. He's your favorite Holland too. You understood each other and both of you have been open about a lot of things in your life. So when you told Sam that you wanted to be a Broadway actress when you grow up, he immediately dragged you to the piano and asked you to vocalize.

"What's that noise? It sounds like a dying bird." Tom, your oldest brother asks as he watches you and Sam. "Can you be quiet? I'm trying to run my lines here."

"Sorry, Tom." you say and look down in shame. You've always looked up to Tom, but he was never that fond of you. You wish you knew the reason, but life doesn't work that way.

"We were just vocalizing." Sam explains.

"Yeah and you do that everyday. No offense, but I think she's tone deaf." Tom chuckles.

"That's why we're practicing. Practice makes perfect, dimwit. That joke wasn't funny, Tom." Sam defends and stands up before walking to him. Tom and Sam look at each other. Sam had anger in his eyes and Tom had a smug look on his face.

"Hey, what's going on here?"  Dom asks as he entered the scene, getting in between the two. Sam steps back and sits back down, "He said that Y/N was tone deaf. We were practicing to help her improve, because I know she can do it. Tom's being mean."

Dom looks at his eldest, "Is that true?"

Tom just shrugs, "I said what I said."

That scene stuck with you forever until you grew up. Yours and Tom's relationship never got better. You were upset about it, but you had Sam. You had Sam and that was good enough for you. You and Sam only counted on each other; you were each other's best friend. When everyone favored Tom and gave him every love and spotlight, you had Sam as your only audience. You were his only audience too when he had a piano recital years ago.

So, it wasn't a surprise when Sam was the first person you informed about you getting the part of Christine for Phantom of the Opera in the West End.

"Wow, this is huge." Sam gasps. "I can't believe you never told me that you auditioned."

"I didn't want to disappoint you if I didn't get the part. Besides, I wanted it to be a surprise in case I did get the part. So, um, surprise!" you grin.

"I'm really surprised and I'm proud." Sam smiles brightly and pulls you in for a hug. "I'm kind of still upset that you didn't tell me. Who did you practice with?"

"Someone." you blush. Sam pulls away from you and puts his hands on your shoulders, "Is this someone a boy?" You happily sigh and lay down on Sam's bed, "Oh Sam, he's such a great guy. He's funny, sweet, and talented. He's also really smart. And he has these eyes that have the most striking color."

Sam lays down next to you and looks at the ceiling with a smile, "Will you introduce me to him? He seems great."

"I think you'll get along with him, Sammy. You and him have the same interests." you giggle. "I want him to be approved by my family, but your approval matters to me most, because you're the person who matters most."