Wedding Performance - H. Osterfield

Hamilrequest #1

Song: Helpless

* * * *

You and Harrison are such big Hamilton fans and it only made sense that you wanted to involve that on your special day. So a few weeks before your wedding, you met up with a vocal coach for you and Harrison to work and rehearse with for your wedding performance at the reception.

Everyone was having fun at your wedding reception. You couldn't believe that a few hours ago, you finally signed up for the rest of your life with Harrison and to be honest, you wouldn't have it any other way.

You and Harrison look at each other and grin, because it's finally time for your performance. You signal Tom and he nods at the two of you before standing up from his seat. He grabs the mic and gets everyone's attention.

"Hello everyone! And no, this isn't another best man speech." Tom starts and everyone in the room chuckles including you and Harrison. Tom smiles, "I'm just here to introduce the newly weds for their performance tonight. So without further ado, let's give a round of applause to Haz and Y/N!"

Everyone claps as Tom sits down on his seat. Harrison stands up and helps you as you walk to the empty dance floor. They start playing the music and you start singing, "Oooh I do, I do, I do, I do, hey! Oooh I do, I do, I do, I do. Boy, you got me helpless!"

All of them cheer you on as the back up singers sing the backing vocals. You only look at Harrison as you sing and he smiles at you. Since you and Harrison are extra, you also got back up dancers.

"I have never been the type to try and grab the spotlight. We were at a revel with some rebels on a hot night." you sing in character. You look at Tom and decided to switch up the lyrics a bit, "Laughin' at my brother as he's dazzling the room and you walked in and my heart went-"

"BOOM!" Harry and Sam sing loudly from their seats.

"Tryin' to catch your eye from the side of the ballroom. Everybody's dancin' at the band's top volume. Grind to the rhythm as we wine and dine. Grab my brother," you grab Tom by the arm and he plays along, "and whisper, 'yo, this one's mine'."

Knowing what the next lyrics are, Tom acts on it.

"My brother makes his way across the room to you. And I got nervous thinking, 'what's he gonna do?'. He grabs you by the arm, I'm thinking, 'I'm through'. Then you look back at me and suddenly I'm helpless!" you smile at Harrison as he winks at you.

It's now Harrison's cue as he enters the dance floor with Tom who now has a mic in his hand.

"Where are you taking me?" Harrison looks at Tom, getting into character for the song. Tom grins and dramatically says, "I'm about to change your life!"

Everyone laughs, causing Harrison to chuckle, "Then by all means, lead the way."

Tom and Harrison are now in front of you and you sing, "Y/N Holland, it's a pleasure to meet you."

"Holland?" Harrison turns to Tom with raised eyebrows. Tom smirks, "My sister."

"Thank you for all your service!"

"If it takes fighting a war for us to meet, it will have been worth it." Harrison takes your hand and kisses it and you can't help but blush at his action.

"I'll leave you to it." Tom says, while making the 'I'm watching you' gesture with his fingers.

You continue to sing and you slowly walk to your family's table where Dom is. Having a feeling of what's going to happen, Sam already laughs.

"Two weeks later in the living room, stressin'. My father's stone faced while you're asking for his blessin'. I'm dying inside as you wine and dine and I'm trying not to cry 'cause there's nothing that your mind can't do." you sing and Dom just looks at you and Harrison.

"My father makes his way across the room to you."

Dom stands up and walks to Harrison.

"I panic for a second thinking, 'we're through', but then he shakes your hand and says, 'be true'."

Dom shakes Harrison's hand and pulls him in for a hug as well.

"And you turn back to me, smiling, and I'm" you and Harrison smile at each other as Dom walks back to his seat with a smile on his face.

"Helpless!"

"Woo!" Harrison shouts in glee along with Tom, Harry, and Sam, who were filming it from their seats.

You and Harrison dance around with the back up dancers as you sing.

"Y/N, I don't have a dollar to my name, an acre of land, a troop to command, a dollop of fame. All I have's my honor, a tolerance for pain, a couple of college credits and my top-notch brain." Harrison sings.

"Yeah, right!" Tom calls out with a laugh, earning a playful glare from you. But you quickly turn your attention back to Harrison who was looking at you lovingly.

"Insane, your family brings out a different side of me. Harry confides in me, and Thomas nearly tried to kill me." Harrison and you looked at Tom and he just shrugs.

"Tom!" Nikki hissed.

"What? It's all in the past. I just freaked out a bit." Tom says.

Harrison makes you look at him, "No stress, my love for you is never in doubt. We'll get a little place in Harlem and we'll figure it out. I've been livin' without a family since I was a child. My father left, my mother died, I grew up buckwild. But I'll never forget my mother's face, that was real and long as I'm alive, Eliza, swear to God, you'll never feel so-"

"I do, I do, I do, I do!"

"Eliza-"

"I do, I do, I do, I do!"

"I've never felt so-"

"Helpless!"

"Down for the count and I'm drownin' in em."

"My life is gon' be fine 'cause Y/N's in it." Harrison smiles at you and he nearly tears up doing so, because he meant it.

"I look into your eyes and the sky's the limit, I'm-" you look into his beautiful eyes with one hand on his cheek, before 'getting ready' to 'get married' like in the musical itself.

"Down for the count and I'm drownin' in 'em"

When the wedding theme comes on, Harrison is standing near the guests as while walk down the 'aisle'.

"In New York, you can be a new man, in New York, you can be a new man, in New York, you can be a new man" the back up singers sang in harmony.

You finally reach Harrison and sang the last line, "Helpless."

You and Harrison kiss at the end of the song as everyone claps and cheers. You pull away and smile at each other.

"I love you, Y/N." Harrison smiles at you with tears of joy streaming down his handsome face.

You wipe away his tears and smile, "I love you too, Haz."

* * * *

Hope you liked it <3