The DJ's Downfall - H. Holland

Pairing: None bc it's a family matter feat. Haz

Hamilrequest #29

"If I can prove that I never broke the law, do you promise not to tell another soul what you saw?"

"My God."

"The people won't know what we know."

This one shot is inspired by a scene from one of my favorite Filipino movies.

Song: We Know

* * * *

Tom angrily stormed in his childhood home where his younger brother Harry was. He knew he was there, because Harry suddenly decided to come home after living in LA for three years. Harry's arrival was really abrupt especially because he was so eager to leave the country and seeing him back home was weird. Their parents didn't mind, though. They loved the fact that all their boys were home.

"Where is he?!" Tom asked as soon as he slammed the front door.

"Calm down." Sam said. "Who are you looking for?"

"Your fucking twin." Tom glared. "Where the hell is he??"

Tom walked around the house with Sam trailing behind him. Sam was doing his best to tell his older brother to calm down, but it was no use. When Tom's angry, he doesn't think straight.

"Tom!" Sam shouted. "He's not home yet!"

Tom quickly turned to Sam and asked, "Where the hell is he?!"

"He went to do the groceries like mum asked him to and he dropped off Paddy at his best mate's place. Why are you so mad at him anyway?!" Sam questioned with his arms crossed.

"Your twin has got some explaining to do. That's for sure!" Tom scoffed and walked to the living room. "Just wait until he gets here. Harrison is on his way. He'll explain why I'm mad."

"Is he your spokesperson or something?" Sam rolled his eyes and sat next to Tom on the couch.

Not long after, Harry entered the house with Harrison. "Tom! I bumped into Ha-"

"Sit down, Harry." Tom said sternly and stood up. "I don't care about those groceries. Put them in the kitchen and come back here."

Harry had a confused look on his face but did what he was told anyway. Harrison entered the living room and sat down on where Tom sat previously as Tom paced back and forth in the living room. Harry quickly went to the living room and sat on the other couch adjacent to the couch where Sam and Harrison were sat.

"Why are you back home, Harry?" Tom asked, his back facing his brother and Harrison.

With furrowed eyebrows, Harry answered, "I'm home, because I missed all of you and-"

"Bullshit!" Tom raised his voice and angrily turned to Harry.

"Tom, what's going on?" Sam sighed.

"Shut the fuck up, Sam." Tom glanced at Sam before looking back at Harry. "You haven't been home for three years and you didn't even come home for the holidays. All of a sudden you're back home telling us you've missed us??"

Tom chuckled bitterly, "If you can bullshit mum, dad, Sam, and Paddy, you certainly can't bullshit me. Tell us why you're home all of a sudden."

"Why are you reading into this too much?! Aren't you happy that I'm home?!" Harry argued.

"No, I'm not fucking happy that you're home!" Tom shouted. His face was all red in anger. "I'd be happy if you were home because you actually want to be here, but you're not. You're only here because you're hiding from millions of people."

Harry's eyes widened in shock and his face turned pale, "H-How do you know about that?"

Tom looked at Harrison and nodded towards Harry.

Harrison cleared his throat and looked at Harry, "I got a call from my friend yesterday and they told me that they were supposed to go to an event that you promoted. They paid for everything and the day before the event, the Twitter account for the event deactivated and their website was gone."

"Is it true, Harry?" Tom asked. Harry looked down and nodded. He didn't know what to say.

"And um, since you're the DJ with the biggest number of followers out of all the DJ's that were also promoting it, they're looking for you and they're accusing you of scamming them." Harrison added.

"Oh my god, Harry." Sam sighed and put his head in his hands.

"Now you know why I'm mad." Tom said with his arms crossed. "Why were you even promoting it?!"

"They booked me for the event. I didn't even know it was a scam!" Harry cried.

"You're so fucking stupid!" Tom yelled. "You could've checked if they were legit! Why didn't you do that?! Or you could've said that you couldn't make it."

Sam stood up and raised his voice, "Tom, stop being harsh to him. It's not his fault! If anything, it's the producer's fault! If you're going to be mad at anyone, be mad tat them. How was he supposed to know that it was a scam? I checked the site myself before it was gone and it looked damn real."

"Stop defending him, Sam!" Tom shouted.

"I'm not defending him! I'm just stating facts." Sam shouted back.

Silence. All they could hear was Harry's sobs.

"What'll you do, Harry?" Harrison asked, breaking the silent ambiance.

Harry shrugged and shook his head. He wiped his tears with the sleeves of his hoodie, "I don't know. I can't pay them all back. I don't have that kind of money. I tried contacting the producers and they couldn't be reached."

Tom sighed and sat down next to his younger brother and pulled him in for a hug, "I'm sorry for yelling. I'm just really mad that you used home as an escape from your problems. But we'll help you, okay?"

Sam looked at them and piped up, "You can count on us, Harry. We promise you that."

"I'll help too." Harrison said. "I know some people who can help us find those producers."

Harry pulled away from Tom and sniffed, "Thank you. Don't tell mum and dad. I don't want them to get worried."

"They won't know." Tom assured him with a small smile.

At that moment, Harry knew that his life wouldn't be peaceful anytime soon, but he felt that could face anything with his brothers and Harrison by his side to help him.