Can You Feel The Love Tonight? - T. Holland (Royal AU)

Disney theme!

Princess!Reader

* * * * 

"𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐬; 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞?"

"Thomas!" You gasped when you saw the man you once knew as your betrothed. He ran out hours before your wedding and no one has seen him since. Both of you were supposed to be a king and queen by now and his parents weren't pleased that he just ran off, leaving a lot of responsibilities. So, your wedding was put on hold in hopes that he may come back.

It's been three years and seeing him now was on the last of your list. After all, you had many things to do as a princess.

He looked at you and gave you the biggest smile he could muster. He gave you a tight hug and spun you around. "Y/N, my darling! I haven't seen you in so long!" Tom said as he pulled away to get a good look at you; taking in your features that grew mature.

"You look different; a good different." He smiled. "How are-"

"You can't just pretend like nothing happened, Thomas." You said quietly. "Don't pretend like everything's okay when you're the one who ran out on me. If you wanted to run away, you could've told me and I would've went with you and we could get married somewhere else; somewhere small."

"You don't deserve that, my love. You deserve great things." Tom said.

"Maybe I do, but I don't deserve what you did." You sighed. "I never expected to see you in a marketplace three kingdoms away. Why are you here?"

"I live here now. Life is great and peaceful. No responsibilities, no one telling me what to do and what not to do, I quite like it." Tom chuckled. "What about you? What are you doing here?"

"I'm here for my beloved cousin's wedding." You told him and he nodded.

"Your cousin's the prince?"

"Yes." You answered. "He'll be the king here and I'd like to be present at his wedding and coronation."

Tom nodded and put his hands in his pockets, "I'm sorry for leaving you, Y/N. Truly, I am."

"Why'd you do it?" You frowned. "If you must know, I was crestfallen when Harry told me you were gone. I was inconsolable."

"Oh, darling. I'm truly heartbroken that I have left you in such position. But I was simply not ready to be a king. I was young and so were you. I think it's time that you find someone else to marry because I'm not coming back."

"Did you think I was ready for those responsibilities too?" You asked him.

"Quite frankly, yes. You always handled things better than I did."

"But that doesn't mean I'm ready for it." You tear up. "I felt like I was boarding a carriage not knowing where it would take me, but I was okay with it because I had you. My best friend, my lover... and you just left. Did you know that the wedding was put on hold just in case you come back? I'm still betrothed to you, Thomas."

"I love you." Tom said. "I know saying that it won't fix anything, but I wanted to tell you that because I never got the chance to tell you before."

"And I, you." You replied. "But think about it- you can say that all the time when we're together at the palace. We could get married and have children running around the garden whilst we eat breakfast and see them having fun. We could face the kingdom together and I believe in you, Thomas. I believe in you more than anyone or anything."

"Why?" He asked.

"Because I just do." You answered. "I know and I feel it."

Both of you stayed silent just looking at each other. Neither of you knew what to say after your little speech. Eventually, you had to go and get settled at the castle.

"I have to go now. My cousin is waiting for me." You told him. He nodded, "Alright. It was great seeing you, Y/N."

"It was great seeing you too, Thomas." You smiled and walked away. You stopped after a few steps and turned around to walk back to him.

"If you ever change your mind, please let me know before I leave. I shall be going back to our kingdom by the end of this week. Right now, just think about it and if you've decided to come with me, I'll be waiting by the castle's gate at three o'clock in the afternoon on Friday. If you don't come, that means I'll tell your parents that I found you and that you're not coming back. I'll also tell them that I shall rule on my own until I find a suitable husband. I won't ever bother you and we can forget about each other. Is that a deal, Thomas?"

"Deal." Tom nodded. You took a deep breath and turned to walk away again. Tom didn't know what to do, but he had a lot of time to think about it.

Time quickly passed by as it is now Friday. You were eagerly waiting for Thomas by the gate of your cousin's castle as you anxiously looked at your pocket watch. A minute later, it was now three o'clock in the afternoon and there was no sign of Tom. And just like three years ago, you were crestfallen once more.

"Are you ready to go, princess?" Asked the coachman. You looked at him with a small smile and nodded. He helped you get in before closing the door and sitting on his place. The carriage starts moving and you looked out the window to see the kingdom your cousin will be handling. It was truly a beautiful kingdom with so many flowers.

You heard a knock on your door and you looked to see that Tom was chasing your carriage with a large bag in hand. Your eyes widened and rolled your window down to shout at the coachman, "Stop the carriage!"

The carriage immediately halted and you looked at Thomas who was catching his breath, but still managed to smile. "Hello, love." Tom grinned. "May I ride home with you?"

"Home?" You asked.

He nodded, "Home is wherever you are, Y/N. You were right. We could face everything together and it's time for me to be there for you. Believing in me is more than enough for me to come back. I love you."

You smiled, "And I, you." You opened the carriage door and he got in. He sat next to you and put his bag on the floor. You looked out the window and told the coachman, "Let's go!"

The carriage moved again and you and Tom looked at each other with satisfied smiles. Your hands intertwined with each other and it fit just like a puzzle. It was wonderful. You rested your head on his shoulder and said, "I'm glad you're coming back."

"So am I." Tom said. "I can't wait to start a family with you. It would be beautiful, I imagine." He glanced at you and you were already asleep. He smiled softly and kissed your intertwined hands.

"I love you."

* * * *

I love this so much ngl sksks