Keep Going - HR Manager!Haz

Holland!Reader

Hamilrequest #17

"Look around, isn't this enough?"

"He will never be satisfied."

Song: Non - Stop

* * * *

Harrison was a really hardworking man. He was so passionate about his job and he keeps pushing himself to do better everyday. You don't know how he does it, but he just does. It's one of the reasons you loved about him.

You thought that it would change after you got married, but he kept working. Then, you gave birth to your son and he nearly missed the birth of his first born, because he was late. It was a good thing Tom was there. You thought he'd change and lightened his workload but for some reason, he worked even harder.

Harrison was at meetings all day and he just got home and it's now midnight. You were in bed waiting for him to come home and the moment he came in, he looked shocked.

"I thought you'd be asleep by now." Harrison said quietly as he got changed into comfier clothing. You sighed and said, "I wanted to wait for you. I could prepare you something to eat in case you're hungry."

Harrison gave you a tired smile and said, "I'm really tired."

You nodded, "Oh. Okay. I'll go to sleep, then. Good night. I love you."

Harrison looked at you before he entered the bathroom, "Good night, love. I love you so much."

-

The next morning, you didn't see Harrison. He left early again. It's been happening a lot and it was starting to take a toll on you. You'd stay at home with your one year old son and your brothers would occasionally visit.

Today was one of those days. Thankfully, Tom was the only one who came to visit, because you've been meaning to talk to him alone. After all, Harrison was his best mate.

After lunch, Tom helped you put your son to sleep before you both walked to the living room to talk.

"Tom, I just don't understand." you sighed. "I know he loves his job, but I just want him home whenever I need him. I want him to have time for us. When he's not here, he's working. When he's here, he's also working."

Tom nodded, "He's working really hard for you and your son and he's amazing."

"I get that. Like, thanks to him, we have a really really nice house. It's mine and his dream house combined. We're financially okay and that's really great. What more does he want? Isn't this enough?" you asked your older brother.

Tom looked around before looking back at you, "You're right and while you're satisfied with what you have, he isn't. He wants more, because he wants the best. I've known him for years and I think he's not satisfied with just...this. He wants more, because he knows you can have more and you deserve more. Talk to him, Y/N. He'd love to hear you out. Trust me."