Younger (II) - H. Holland

"You and me were so so close
And maybe that's what hurts the most
It's out of my hands, I've done what I can
So I just save my breath"

Scars are different for everyone and scars have different forms. One of them is a physical scar like the one on Harry's knee when he scraped it because he fell off the bike. Harry remembered that day vividly. He was sixteen at that time and he was riding his bike with you. He figured it'd be fun to race you so you did. 

"Hurry up, Y/N! You're such a slowpoke." Harry laughed as he pedaled his bike faster, leaving you a few feet behind.

You recently just learned how to bike and Harry thought it would be nice for both of you to take your bikes out and go around the neighborhood. "Slow down, Harry! I'm not a professional biker!" You shouted at him as you focused on pedaling. 

Harry laughed but his laughter quickly stopped when a dog was passing by. He immediately slammed the brakes and he fell off for some reason and somehow scraped his knee. Being a few feet away, you were able to see the whole thing. You quickly pedaled his way to him and parked your bike next to his. You rushed to his side and frantically asked if he was okay and if he broke anything. 

Harry didn't know a lot of things but he knew you were the one for him that day he fell off the bike. It was odd, but love is love. The scar on his knee never left and it was a constant reminder of when he realized you were the one for him.

Staring at the scar on his knee was bittersweet. It was bittersweet because his reminder of when he realized you were the one, stayed; but you, the person whom he realized was the one, didn't stay. It was truly bittersweet.

He would often look back at all the good times, but of course he remembered the bad times too. He remembered why you left him and he felt so bad that he was the reason.

"I'm really sorry, Y/N." Harry said in a hushed voice through the phone. "I can't come today."

"Why do you keep cancelling on me?! You've been so distant recently and I'm sick of it. What's up with you? We haven't gone on a date in, like, five months!" You said in an exasperated manner. You were tired of this.

You would both make plans only him to cancel on you. Today was no different. However, this crossed the line, though. You and Harry made plans to go to the cinema and you were already there and you were already in line to buy tickets.

It was already your turn and you had to let the person behind you go first and this repeated five times and eventually, you had to leave the line out of pure embarrassment and anger for Harry.

"Y/N, babe, I'm sor-"

"If you don't want to hang out with me anymore, just say so!" You ranted. "I hate this. I feel so neglected and humiliated. You stood me up, Harry. Did you even try to come here?" 

"I'm sorry, okay? I'll make it up to you. I promise." Harry said.

"You said that a few months ago, Harry." You sighed. Both of you were silent after that. "Harry, I don't think this is working anymore."

"W-What do you mean?" Harry panicked.

"I want to break up, Harry. I'm sorry."

Harry was heartbroken. Years later, he was still heartbroken. What rubbed salt in the wound was when he got the job of being your photographer.... on your wedding day. Originally, it was supposed to be Nikki but something came up and Harry happened to be free.

He wanted to back out, but he recalled all the times he cancelled on you and figured this was the one thing he could do to make up for it. So as he stood by the side and snapped a picture of you happily kissing your husband, he realized that not only did he have a physical scar, he had an emotional scar too and that was when he lost you.

* * * *

no part 2 for this sorry lmao