I'm A Ghost?! - H. Osterfield

Halloween special. Happy Halloween, bitches x

*insert photo*

* * * *

"Personally, I think you need this." James, your older brother, said as he made himself comfortable on your bed. You were pacing back and forth and deciding whether or not you should go to your friend's birthday party. You wanted to go, but at the same time, you didn't want to. You were torn.

"Or maybe I should just stay home!" You said with a smile and sat down at the edge of your bed.

"Y/N, you've been staying at home for eight bloody years. What good has that done to you? You need a break from this house and your son. Seriously, you need a life outside yours and Mason's. You're a brilliant mum and letting loose for just one night won't hurt, I guarantee you." James said with a small smile.

You looked at him and asked, "You think I'm a brilliant mum?"

"You had Mason when you were sixteen." James chuckled lightly. "You've been through so much; from getting disowned by our parents to nearly losing your life just to bring Mason into this world."

It was true.

You got pregnant at sixteen and it scared you. You were young and naive. You thought the guy who knocked you up would stand by you, but he didn't. He just left. When you told your parents, they weren't happy. They told you to pack your things and move out and that you and your 'mistake' aren't welcome there anymore.

James was twenty-one years old at that time and he just moved in a new apartment that he shared with his girlfriend. You moved in with them and they helped you through it all. James never went home to your parents after learning what they did to you, so both of you did new traditions.

When one leaves, another arrives. James' girlfriend left him because she was offered a job in Dubai and she didn't want to turn it down. He let her go instead. After all, it was good for her. After that, it's been you and James... and Mason a week after that.

You had a hard time giving birth to him because something went wrong. James was panicking because he didn't know what to do. You were literally dying. Then, some miracle happened. You fought your way through and gave birth to the most beautiful boy you've ever laid your eyes on.

Nothing else mattered and he was perfect. You promised yourself that you would give him the best life and James was by your side, guiding you through it.

"Despite all of that, you still manage to push through on your own and you still manage to give Mason the best life he could ever imagine. Heck, you live in this house and it's small, but it's lovely for both of you. So, yes. I think you're a brilliant mum and anyone who says otherwise is an idiot." James grinned.

"Thank you." You tear up. Both of you hugged each other and you pulled away.

"Go on and get ready, alright? Mason and I will be fine." James reassured.

Now, here you were about to leave the house. You gave Mason the biggest and tightest hug and repeatedly told him that you loved him and that you'd be back in time to read him a story.

Sadly, you never got back on time to read him a story. In fact, you never got back at all.

You were driving at an unfamiliar road. Well, you knew the street, but you've never been there until now. Then a car crashed into yours and the impact killed you immediately. James was informed of your demise and he didn't know what to tell Mason. Instead, he just got drunk and left.