Say It To My Face! - P. Parker

Hamilrequest #16

"If you've got something to say, name a time and place; face to face."

Song: Your Obedient Servant

* * * *

Ever since you moved to Midtown, Peter hasn't been the most welcoming person. He only spoke to you once and after that, then he acted weird around you and after that, became rude to you. You didn't know why he was behaving that way seeing as he's nice to everyone else

One day, you got really sick of it and you wanted to do something about it. You walked up to Peter's table during lunch and stood in front of him with a somewhat calm expression. Peter, Ned, and MJ looked at you with a questioning glance.

Peter rolled his eyes and shook his head. You weren't having it this time. You leaned on his table with your arms crossed and told him, "I need to talk to you."

"Name a time and place and I'll be there." Peter said as he glared at you.

"You know Delmar's?"

"Yeah, best sandwiches in Queens."

"Meet me there at 4pm. Don't be fucking late." You smiled at Ned and MJ before leaving.

MJ looked at Peter and said, "You're a fucking loser. Just tell her that you like her."

"Yeah, Peter. How hard can it be?" Ned shrugged.

"Hard pass." Peter scoffed.

"If you tell her how you feel, you might save yourself from being slapped in the face." MJ said casually before reading her book again.

"Getting slapped in the- she does that?!" Peter shrieked.

Not looking up from her book, MJ replied, "Yeah. She did it to Flash once when he asked her out on a date. I guess she got pissed and tired from his annoying ass, so she slapped him."

Silence fell upon the table and MJ snickered, "I love her. She's badass. Don't fuck it up, Peter"

-

Four o'clock rolls around quickly and Peter was already outside Delmar's fifteen minutes ago. After MJ's story, he was definitely kinda scared of you and he feared that if he was late, you'd slap the shit out of him.

He checked the time on his phone and looked up to see you walking towards him. You nodded for him to follow you inside the sandwich shop and you both ordered. Peter was about to pay for his sandwich when you stopped him, "I'll pay. I asked you to meet up with me anyway."

Peter was shocked but he nodded anyway. You paid for your sandwiches and waited for them to be given to you. As soon as you got your sandwiches, you left and went to the park.

You sat on the bench and ate in silence. Peter nervously kept glancing at you and he finally cracked, "Okay, why did you want to talk?"

You looked at him and said, "I just want to know why you're being mean to me. Like, you're rude to me but you're nice to everyone. What the hell is that? Is it because I'm new?"

Peter shook his head and fully turned to you, "I was being mean for a reason."

"And what is it?"

Peter sighed, "I-I, I like you. A lot."

You looked at him dumbfounded, "That makes no sense!"

"It does! Hear me out!" Peter said frantically. "I was only being mean to, uh, catch your attention and- and Ned said that guys are usually mean to girls that they like, because they want they're attention. And I desperately wanted your attention so, I started being really mean." Peter bit his lip nervously as he looked at you.

"Dude, that's so elementary school." you chuckled. "You would've caught my attention without being mean to me, anyway. You're really cute, Parker."

Peter blinked a few times, "What? Are you- Are you saying you like me back? I'm shooting my shot here, because I don't- I don't get it."

You laughed, "You said you were being mean to me, because you like me and you want my attention. Correct?"

"Yeah."

"Well, it worked." you smiled at him. Peter blushed and asked, "So, is this...a date?"

"Not yet. Neither of us asked the other out." you said bluntly. Peter nodded, "I'm free on Saturday. What about you?"

You nodded, "Same here. Why?"

"Will you go on a date with me on Saturday?" Peter asked with a shy smile on his face.

"I'd love to!" you grinned.