That's My Boy! - H. Osterfield

Hamilrequest #7

This is an alternate version of chapter 2 of my fic '168 Hours'! If you haven't read it, feel free to do so. If you've read it, you may read this one.

"Look at my son! Pride is not the word I'm looking for. There is so much more inside me now."

Song: Dear Theodosia

* * * *

"I'll see you later, okay?" Harley asks his parents before walking out the door. Harley's getting a lift from his best friend, Jack, because they want to practice together before the school's talent show starts.

"Of course! We'll be there." Harrison smiles at him and kisses his forehead. "Good luck!"

"Thanks. Bye mum!" Harley calls out. Y/N looks up from her youngest son's toys on the living room floor and smiles at him, "Bye, sweetheart! See you later! You'll smash it!"

Harley grins and leaves the house. Harrison closes the door and sits next to Y/N on the floor. "I'm really curious on how their performance will turn out."

Y/N looks at him and nods, "Same here. But I'm sure they'll do great! Tom didn't buy him his first guitar for nothing, you know."

Harrison chuckles, "Tom spoils him too much. I'm starting to think that he's replacing me."

Y/N shakes her head and pecks his lips, "That's not true. If it makes you feel better, Tom won't be attending the talent show but he did send Harley some flowers."

"Are they really for Harley? Or are they for you?" Harrison asks, slightly paranoid. "He's your ex and he might still have feelings for you and maybe that's why he's close to Harley, because he wants you back."

"Haz, even if he wants me back, I wouldn't care. And don't be worried about Tom getting close to him, you're still his father and that's what matters." Y/N smiles. "Let's get the kids ready so that we can drop them off at your mum's place. Then we'll get ready and go to the school's auditorium. The earlier we get there, the earlier we get the best seats."

Y/N stands up and picks up the toys to put it in the basket. Harrison stands up and picks up their one year old son, Harvey and chuckles, "You're such a mom."

Y/N raises an eyebrow at him, "Fuck yeah, I am."

-

"Y/N! Harrison! I'm so glad you're here early!" Mrs. Smith, Jack's mum, greets. She motions for them to sit next to her. They're on the first row. "I saved seats for both of you."

"Thank you." Y/N smiles. "Where's your husband?"

"He's at work..again. That man is such a workaholic! We don't see him around much. I don't even know if he still wants to be my husband or the father of our kids." Mrs. Smith rolls her eyes.

"You should really talk to him." Harrison pipes up. "It's really concerning."

"Yeah or you could go to a marriage counselor." Y/N suggests.

"You know," Mrs. Smith starts, "That's a great idea! Thanks Y/N!"

Y/N just smiles.

Soon, the auditorium is filling up with people and the lights are out except for the light on stage. The host comes out and greets everyone. The host introduces the first performers and they come out with bright costumes.

"Damn, they're so tacky." Harrison whispers in Y/N's ear, causing her to nudge him. "What? It's true."

"Yeah, but they're kids; they're literally 10 years old. Cut them some slack." Y/N shakes her head.

"Harley's 10 years old and he's got style." Harrison shrugs proudly.

"All kids are different." Y/N chuckle lightly. "Now watch the show."

A few performances later, it's now 7:30 and the host announces that Harley and Jack's names.

"Oh my god, it's them!" Mrs. Smith squeals as she pulls out her phone and opens the camera.

Y/N does the same and looks over at Mrs. Smith only to find her camera set on 'photo'. Y/N fixes it for her and helps her record it on video.

Y/N does the same and she looks on stage to find the boys finishing their little set up. Harrison waves at Harley from his seat and Harley grins and waves back.

Harley nods at Jack, who's on the drums, before looking back at the audience to play the chords to "Don't Stop Believin'".

"Just a small town girl livin' in a lonely world. She took the midnight train going anywhere..." Harley sings beautifully.

Harrison watches his son with a proud look on his face. Harrison is in awe of his son's hidden talent. He knew he played guitar, but he didn't know Harley could sing so well.

Y/N holds back her tears while recording, because she didn't want to ruin it. Harley and Jack begin to have fun on stage while they sing together.

"Don't stop believin', hold on to the feeling. Street lights, people!" Harley belts out the high note perfectly. Harley's really passionate about it. "Don't stop." Harley and Jack end the song and Harrison stands up to clap and cheer them on. Y/N and Mrs. Smith end the video and did the same.

The kids bow their heads and run backstage.

A few performances later and the host finally announces the winner.

"And the winner of this year's talent show is... Jack Smith and Harley Osterfield!" the host grins as Harley and Jack walk on stage to collect their individual trophies.

Harrison cheers and quickly turns to Y/N, "DID YOU HEAR THAT?!?! HARLEY WON. THEY WON!!"

Y/N chuckles at her husband and pulls out her phone to take pictures of Harley and Jack on stage.

Harrison cups his mouth and shouts, "THAT'S MY SON!!"