Younger (IV) - P. Parker

This is so overdue im so sorry sksks

I hope 1.3k words can make up for it

* * * *

"I saw you just the other night
I didn't even recognize you
Find it kinda strange, I guess that people change
But I didn't expect you to"

The effects of The Blip really took a toll on Peter. He just wasn't the same anymore and he was shutting you out all the time even though you've been dating for about two years now. Before you knew it, he was moving on without you. You started to notice the little changes Peter made.

He would look at MJ a lot more and he started paying attention to her more too. This obviously upset you and the fact that MJ would do the same whenever Peter wasn't looking, upset you even more. You talked to Peter about it, but he said that you were just crazy. It made you sad, but you decided not to talk about it anymore so that you wouldn't upset Peter.

You also noticed that MJ was beginning to talk to Peter a lot more than usual. There was nothing wrong with that, but it was just so unlike her.

When the trip to Europe came around, you were really excited. You thought that it would be romantic for you and Peter to just relax around and maybe have some gelato or something. That would be a fail, though because the whole Mysterio thing happened and whenever he was free, he'd spend it with Ned or MJ. He seemed to forgot that you existed because he was surprised when you knocked on his hotel room after the whole thing.

When you got back in New York, Peter started to become really really distant. He texts and calls you less and he would turn you down whenever you'd ask if he wanted to hang out. When your third anniversary came around, he was a no show even though you constantly texted him about it. He wouldn't reply, but he'd leave you on read. So, he knew what your plans were.

He showed up at your apartment that night and he just broke up with you. He wasn't there to say sorry for missing your anniversary. He was just there to break up with you with no explanation whatsoever..

"I'm so sorry, Y/N. It's just not working out anymore." Peter said.

"Are you seriously breaking up with me today?" You asked in disbelief and he just shrugged. You rolled your eyes and said, "It's our anniversary, Peter."

"Oh."

"Yeah, 'oh'. Get out of my apartment. Have a nice life, Parker." You said angrily. Peter walked himself out and closed the door. You couldn't believe that after three years of being together, he would throw it away for reasons you don't know.

When school started, you wanted a fresh start. If you were being honest, you didn't have any friends. You only had friends because Peter was your boyfriend and he already had Ned. And as much as you wanted to say 'hi' to Ned, you knew he would just avoid you because his loyalty stood with Peter which you completely understood.

You didn't have anywhere to sit during lunch time, so you just sat on your own outside by the bleachers. As you were staring at the cheerleaders while you were eating, you began to think about the things you've always wanted to change during this fresh start of yours. Your family was well off, so cleared out your closet when you got home on Friday and went on a major shopping spree to buy new things for yourself: new clothes, skin care products, a little bit of makeup, new bags, a few accessories and even a new phone case. You also got a new haircut which you absolutely loved.

When you arrived at school on Monday with your completely new look, everyone stared at you in awe when you walked along the halls of school.

"Dude, is that Y/N?" Ned nudged Peter. He glanced at you and he had to look at you for a while because he wasn't sure if it was you or not. Sure enough, it really was you.

"Yeah, it's her." Peter said in shock.

"She has a whole new look." Ned said. "I like it, though! She looks great!"

"Yeah, she does." Peter said softly.

During lunch time, you were on your way out to sit on the bleachers when one of the popular kids invited you to sit on their table. You smiled and immediately agreed. You learned about typical high school gossip and you learned about which skirt looks good with a particular top. You knew that those people were only hanging out with you because of your new style, but it felt good to hang out with a new group. It's a new school year and you deserved to start new. Peter did the same, anyway.

A few months later, your eighteenth birthday came and you invited all the seniors to your summer house. Since you invited all seniors, Peter, Ned, and MJ went. Ned got you a present and you gave him a tight hug because you missed him. After that, Peter never got to give you your present because you were dragged by your new friend somewhere.

Peter didn't see you the rest of the night, but that changed when he saw some guy trying to kiss your neck even though you tried to push him away. You were grateful for Peter because he saved you from it and it was awkward between you after that.

"Um, happy birthday." Peter said, breaking the awkward silence.

"Thanks." You said shortly. "And thanks again for saving me back there. If you weren't there, something might've happened and yeah. Just- thanks."

"Yeah, s'no problem. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something were to happen to you. I mean, I already witnessed it, y'know? If I didn't save you and something bad happened to you, I wouldn't forgive myself." Peter said.

"Yeah, well I'm okay now. Thanks again."

"So, new clothes?" Peter said, making small talk. "What happened to your old ones? You don't seem to be wearing them anymore."

"Oh, that's because I donated them. I figured I should start fresh. It's our last year of high school and I haven't done anything. So, I started fresh. New school year, new me."

"Yeah, I didn't recognize you." Peter said softly. "It's like the old Y/N's gone. I kinda miss the old you."

"Well, she was dying when you started shutting her out and when you broke up with her, she was pronounced dead. You don't get to miss the old me because you left the old me with no explanation. Besides, I've learned to accept that you most likely left me for MJ. I understand and while I'm still bitter, I can be civil." You said coldly.

"I just didn't expect you to change. You were still welcome to sit with us, but you sat on your own. No one kicked you out, you let yourself out. You didn't have to change your whole look or whatever because you're still our friend and we like you for you. Now all you have are these fake people who like you because of how you dress yourself and because you're rich."

"That's part of the change, Parker. Deal with it." You said calmly even though you were pissed at him for talking to you that way. How dare he? "Help yourself to some food and drinks. I have to go to my friends now."

"Y/N, I'm still your friend." Peter sighed. "And we'll always be friends. I don't understand why our friendship has to end just because I broke up with you."

"Like I said, deal with it. I have to go and find my friends. I'm sure MJ's looking for you. Good night, Parker." You said curtly before leaving him standing alone.